Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me into a decision.
Question 
Hello gentlemen, a noob like me could get some tips from the pros forum?

I have a 5101 but I'm thinking about getting one with forceware or any other program that can be set up by SNMP.

I was also thinking about getting a programmer, BlackcatUSB or UsbJtagNT, this second is expensive it hurts, but it seems worth it for what they say.

I have a dpc3925 dropped by here too, I saw on another forum that you can be set in factory mode to send certificates.

Taking into account what I said above what you think is best for me? Catch a programmer and try to program in dpc3925 or pick another modem with forceware? If the programmer is the option that you recommend, which one do you think I should take? If the modem is the option, what modem do you think I should take?

Thanks in advance for everything I learned by forum posts.

Hugs!
if you get a programmer you do not need to by a premod you can mod on your own with what you have
Go for the usbjtagnt, that nifty item can not only flash modems, but it can flash just about any other jtag'able board in existence. You will be secure for the future knowing you can reprogram your 5101 and D3 modem that you choose.
Ty a lot bros, any recomendation in where to buy? Official site wont ship to Brazil. T_T
(30-04-2014, 10:07 PM)franklinzero Wrote: Ty a lot bros, any recomendation in where to buy? Official site wont ship to Brazil. T_T

ebay
(30-04-2014, 10:07 PM)franklinzero Wrote: Ty a lot bros, any recomendation in where to buy? Official site wont ship to Brazil. T_T
Talk with the admin he is a wonderful and easy to deal with person, we talk a lot. I even used my NT to program my car computer.
How adept are you at testing your 5101? I ask because it's different as in more complicated. USBJTAG NT is the way to go IMHO. The support is unmatched...
Ill try to put my hands in one UsbJtagNT, i found it here in Brazil but the reseller want 345R$ (USD159), and doesnt looks worth for me.
You can buy a blackcat usb on ebay for pretty cheap
(01-05-2014, 12:20 AM)neo_ Wrote: You can buy a blackcat usb on ebay for pretty cheap

Yeah, i saw it, the forum guys says the NT is the best option. Theres no major differences?