Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Macbook sources
You're turning hipster on us... oh no.

linux Smile I'm not familiar with MAC products, except for iphone and using terminal and things while jailbroken.
Not me...never! It was given to me so I thought I'd turn it into a learning experience. I totally shun Apple products but I figure it will occupy my attention for a little while. I have Gaming rigs and HTPC's and lappy's and I'm bored to death. My PS3 has been in the same box since my last 2 moves! I never touch that thing anymore...
Linux and Mac OS X are POSIX compliant and thus are similar...
Knowledge=Power
Yes, but thats where they end...

Kernels are different..

Yes, the Birth of OSX had its DNA in UNIX..just as Linux does..
Knowledge=Power
Win 8???

EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!

Goddamned smartphone OS!!!!!!!!Horrible, just fucking abominable!! Microsoft cranks out so much BS anymore!!! Win 7 still sucks but not as bad as the older versions. At least it's pretty with the right themes.
Yeah but without Windows, we'd only be having half the fun. Look at all the hack tools designed for each platform.
x86 and x 64 were here wayyyy before OSX was ever an idea for a platform.

Windows NT paved a large way for what is XP/Win7/Win8

Many apps are built and lots of $$ were spent on that platform, x86/x64
Knowledge=Power
windows is a huge PITFA for someone like me who uses lots of "unsigned" proggy's and who constantly installs and removes different software suites. After a little while the damn registry looks like a piece of pine wood at a termite convention and the damn O/S just collapses!!! After years of frustration I finally moved to the 1 click backup/restore with a ghost image so I don't have to dick around for hours restoring all my stuff.
I'm interested in seeing how Mountain Lion stacks up in terms of reliability and stability. I have a sneaking suspicion that I am going to grow accustomed to it pretty quickly. In terms of visual appearance, ML looks gorgeous compared to Windows. Everything is crisp and sharp and the little 13 in display is surprisingly easy on these old eyes.

I F ing HATE I Tunes though!! That will never change.
I actually have a 256gb M4 ssd still in the box. Prob gonna toss it in the pc lappy though. Just too lazy to mess with it just yet. I had a 80g Ipod for a week and ended up selling it on CL because I hated ITunes that much! I don't want to convert formats or make stupid playlists. I just want to drag a block of mp3's to the device and go about my day! I use my POS phone for that now, anyways. Blutooth jams Metallica and Staind all day long so I don't have to listen to my dumbass redneck trailer trash coworkers babble all day log while i'm building shit!~lol. I agree 5400 rpm hdd's blow! Way too slow!
If you want a cool alternative that also lets you install cracked apps on a (jailbroken) device AND remove unwanted system apps such as Stocks, then use iTools. It was developed by a Japanese dude, grab a shitload of music and drag it in, no library sorting bullshit. It even shows you warranty status and purchase dates of your devices. I find that very usefull when someone tries selling me an iphone and says its "brand new". Also good for managing and browsing through your backups for those photos and contacts you thought you lost.

http://itools.hk/cms/webpage30.htm