Haxorware Forums
Macbook sources - Printable Version

+- Haxorware Forums (http://www.haxorware.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.haxorware.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off topic (http://www.haxorware.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Macbook sources (/showthread.php?tid=2377)

Pages: 1 2

Macbook sources - southernyankey1970 - 28-02-2013

Ok I was given a 2009 macbook today. It has no battery or charger but it works. I hate Apple products but i'm gonna put that aside and learn how a Mac works just so i can say I do...

I have 2 questions for you Mac users.

1. I need a way to check the serial # to make sure this wasn't misappropriated from someone who cherished it at some point...

2. How about a few links for some decent Apple sites that will help me to understand how it works so I don't have to post dumbass questions ...hehe

I'd like to do a full wipe/reinstall and I'd like to know if it is the same as Windows?Will I have to hack the license for it or is Apple different?

I'd appreciate a little advice from you Mac users.

Thanks

RE: Macbook sources - southernyankey1970 - 28-02-2013

Thanks.I assumed the very first response was gonna be STFU and READ!!! Which would have been just about right.

lol.

RE: Macbook sources - ABMJR - 28-02-2013

M8..

Call me on my cell and I can talk to you about what and where..

I am Windows and OSX proficient

He knows me and has my #. We have spoken . Showing off is not the right statement at this time Florida.

i'll do that Jr...Thanx. i';ve looked around a little and I'm trying to find somewhere that would have a serial number db for stolen or lost macs. I tried two and it came back clean, but I want to be really sure. This thing is crammed with music and video and I want to make sure it wasn't stolen as it came from a forclosed house. This is Florida, you just never know and I would hate to find out the hard way that it was jacked from some little kid or anyone, for that matter. One of my friends is a retired Sherriff down here, maybe i should have him check it out just be safe.

RE: Macbook sources - haroldstein - 28-02-2013

(28-02-2013, 03:13 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: i'll do that Jr...Thanx. i';ve looked around a little and I'm trying to find somewhere that would have a serial number db for stolen or lost macs. I tried two and it came back clean, but I want to be really sure. This thing is crammed with music and video and I want to make sure it wasn't stolen as it came from a forclosed house. This is Florida, you just never know and I would hate to find out the hard way that it was jacked from some little kid or anyone, for that matter. One of my friends is a retired Sherriff down here, maybe i should have him check it out just be safe.
You would think the people would have taken the mac with them,
before foreclosure.

Look for the Itunes account info

(28-02-2013, 05:17 AM)haroldstein Wrote:
(28-02-2013, 03:13 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: i'll do that Jr...Thanx. i';ve looked around a little and I'm trying to find somewhere that would have a serial number db for stolen or lost macs. I tried two and it came back clean, but I want to be really sure. This thing is crammed with music and video and I want to make sure it wasn't stolen as it came from a forclosed house. This is Florida, you just never know and I would hate to find out the hard way that it was jacked from some little kid or anyone, for that matter. One of my friends is a retired Sherriff down here, maybe i should have him check it out just be safe.
You would think the people would have taken the mac with them,
before foreclosure.

My exact thoughts...but, then again, in today's society of instant gratification something as ancient as a 2009 lappy could be total junk to some families..I just prefer to know for sure as South Florida is a really messed up place to live and dumb shit happens all the time and I REALLY do not need any problems from a free lappy ...

RE: Macbook sources - modembricker - 28-02-2013

Mac (Apple) doesnt have a DB for stolen devices. They honor the warranty regardless of who the registered owner is. You could take an iphone out of a dead person's hands and if it is under warranty, they will replace it for you without even asking your name. So, pretty much, you will never know if it is stolen, nor will they ever give you the person's name who it was previously registered to.

Burn yourself a copy of OSX, pop it in, boot the machine up while holding the option key, select dvd, boom... I also have repair manuals for every model if you need one or 2, or all.

RE: Macbook sources - southernyankey1970 - 01-03-2013

Thanks for the replies.My friend ran it through the police db and it came back clean so i'm gonna go ahead and wipe it this weekend. Appreciate all the helpful replies...