Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many modem can be connected to a cable drop
Yeah you could always use a splitter or just get a drop amp if you really want to see how many modems you can hook up and run. There is a post on SBH with an amp like this in the post and he had four or five modems going I think...

http://www.electroline.com/fact_sheets/e..._sheet.pdf

Tongue 
(09-10-2012, 12:06 AM)slick157 Wrote: How many modems can be connected to a house cable drop?
I have two working great. But if I add a third modem they all loose stability.
why two modem ? one with wireless router can cover many computer !!!

(10-10-2012, 05:40 PM)davidle Wrote:
(09-10-2012, 12:06 AM)slick157 Wrote: How many modems can be connected to a house cable drop?
I have two working great. But if I add a third modem they all loose stability.
why two modem ? one with wireless router can cover many computer !!!
because i download and upload alot. mainly torrents. and when im downloading ,my xbox s and other pc s lag.

So add more modems...that'll fix it!

Look, once your signal is nice and pretty like yours is, you are at the mercy of your ISP. there is only so much bandwidth available to your node.They supply bandwidth to Business class first, then what's left gets divided up between homeowners.
just an update. i tryed different brands and models of drop amps. i finally found one that works great with 3+modems.

1st i tried a PCT MA-B1010-1A 1 port amp and a balanced three spliter: did not work with 3 modems

2nd i tried Viewsonics VSLNA_15-1000-2WZ-8WS 8 port amp: did not work with 3 modems

3rd i tried Electroline EDA2400 4 port amp: this amp works with 3 modems connected
Big Grin