Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many modem can be connected to a cable drop
How many modems can be connected to a house cable drop?
I have two working great. But if I add a third modem they all loose stability.
the only factor is your signal quality, for the record 18
every working modem i had at the time of test (i would never run this many all the time)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(09-10-2012, 12:14 AM)drewmerc Wrote: the only factor is your signal quality, for the record 18
every working modem i had at the time of test (i would never run this many all the time)
did you use a cable drop amp?
i don't think I can use more than two modems at the same time.
But I am gonna try using a balanced three way splitter before I give up.

It depends upon your node and the available bandwidth. Your signal quality is usually easy to fix if you can bypass the rest of the coax running throughout your house by running a straight shot of quality RG6 from the tap to the modem...if that does not do wonders for your signal then the next step is to call your ISP and tell them your signal is shit and you don't think you want to pay them their 149.99 a month for such a crappy picture on your new TV!
Why not post your signal levels?
Knowledge=Power
My friend lives in Charter area, and his house has about 8 or 9 outlets,
and I noticed his Pay internet was lousy, along with the cable channels
had snow. Later I went by, and ISP placed a Amp in his garage and
everything was crystal clear. Not sure of the Brand of Amplifier.
(09-10-2012, 04:30 AM)ABMJR Wrote: Why not post your signal levels?
this is what it shows in the haxorware signal tab

Receive Power

5.6 dBmV

Signal to Noise ratio

37.8 dB

Transmit Power

34.0 dBmV

also,right now i am using a pct 1 port activereturn signal amp connected to a premium three way splitter. it works fine with two modems but anymore modems connected, i loose stability.

when i get a chance today, i will disconnect the amp and check, post the signal again.

Nothing wrong with your signal. Your tuner isn't even breathing hard!
An 8 way splitter and a forward/return unity gain amp would allow you to be around -9 db DS and 46 US..

Thats your answer based on what levels you gave. I hope those were on the lower legs (3.5) than the 7 db port (3rd leg)
Knowledge=Power
(09-10-2012, 09:37 PM)ABMJR Wrote: An 8 way splitter and a forward/return unity gain amp would allow you to be around -9 db DS and 46 US..

Thats your answer based on what levels you gave. I hope those were on the lower legs (3.5) than the 7 db port (3rd leg)
so you think i should use a 8 way splitter instead of 3 way splitter?