Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Telnet Log
(06-10-2012, 01:51 AM)haroldstein Wrote:
(06-10-2012, 01:47 AM)torro32 Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 10:04 PM)ABMJR Wrote: And, if it has Diag Haxorware or the Lite version, some ISp's DISABLE Telnet access after registration, even if its operational

You mean you can't telnet into haxorware modem?

No, because I did not load haxoware to my 5101.
I learn something everyday.
(05-10-2012, 10:36 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: lite will give you telnet access but you can do more with diag. Most ISP's can see Hax now so be careful with it.(Don't put it on your sub!)

You need to change the nic or router mac EVERY time you add a new set of certs to the node..Write down the current nic mac you are using with your sub and restore it when you go back to using it. Or, do what I do and run a 10.00 spare nic card in the tower so I don't have to mess the sub nic...

I found a bunch of nic cards, that is a Good idea you have there.
You guys think this is ok for External Nic Card?
I wonder if it has its own MAC address. I would like to use it on Laptop, since I only have one internal card.

NO

the usb bottleneck will limit your speed. It's ok for testing but you don't want to rely on it. I grabbed one at compusa for 10.00

http://www.compusa.com/applications/Sear...CatId=1175

(06-10-2012, 03:57 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote:
(06-10-2012, 01:51 AM)haroldstein Wrote:
(06-10-2012, 01:47 AM)torro32 Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 10:04 PM)ABMJR Wrote: And, if it has Diag Haxorware or the Lite version, some ISp's DISABLE Telnet access after registration, even if its operational

You mean you can't telnet into haxorware modem?

No, because I did not load haxoware to my 5101.
I learn something everyday.
(05-10-2012, 10:36 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: lite will give you telnet access but you can do more with diag. Most ISP's can see Hax now so be careful with it.(Don't put it on your sub!)

You need to change the nic or router mac EVERY time you add a new set of certs to the node..Write down the current nic mac you are using with your sub and restore it when you go back to using it. Or, do what I do and run a 10.00 spare nic card in the tower so I don't have to mess the sub nic...

I found a bunch of nic cards, that is a Good idea you have there.
You guys think this is ok for External Nic Card?
I wonder if it has its own MAC address. I would like to use it on Laptop, since I only have one internal card.

NO

the usb bottleneck will limit your speed. It's ok for testing but you don't want to rely on it. I grabbed one at compusa for 10.00

http://www.compusa.com/applications/Sear...CatId=1175
I guess would be easier to spoof the internal nic of
my laptop. as for my desktop, I will get another pci nic card.

It will work there is no doubt but as i said you lose some speed. If you just use a router then you do not have to change the computer name/description like you do when you change the nic. That's a nice little something Cisco threw in there just to make it a pita to spoof your nic addy...they also bind the comp name to the nic addy when the cmts sends you a cfg now.

Nice , huh?

I use a router...it's easier.
(06-10-2012, 07:02 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: It will work there is no doubt but as i said you lose some speed. If you just use a router then you do not have to change the computer name/description like you do when you change the nic. That's a nice little something Cisco threw in there just to make it a pita to spoof your nic addy...they also bind the comp name to the nic addy when the cmts sends you a cfg now.

Nice , huh?

I use a router...it's easier.
yup, I noted that at Cisco about the comp name. My main desktop
has a Cisco E1200 router which I use to connect for my laptop, so
you are saying no need to spoof nic, since cm goes to router.

Spoof Routers MAC..

1st CPE means

1st Device AFTER the Cable Modem (CM)

CPE=Customer Premised Equipment
Knowledge=Power
(06-10-2012, 05:44 PM)ABMJR Wrote: Spoof Routers MAC..

1st CPE means

1st Device AFTER the Cable Modem (CM)

CPE=Customer Premised Equipment

Thanks for clearing that up!
cm 1st
router 1st device AFTER CM. That is if you are using a Router, otherwise I believe it would be PC