Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SoCal TWC - Riverside Area Change 5/17/12
(18-05-2012, 07:37 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Yes, very easy to do. flash the nonvol onto any stock modem and connect the coax...if it gets all 4 lights lit and you see the CC act page the certs are good. you must be on CC dns for this...if it is diff dns you wont get the isp page

Gotcha okay, so I would still need jtag to accomplish this task, but if I'm really gonna jtag I minus well pull my certs from my leased modem and put them into hax and be good to go (until clone detection).

I might try to call the ISP and tell them I bought the 5101 and see if it gets online. Worst case scenario the certs aren't virgin, I don't get online and I call them with an excuse and switch it back to my leased modem.

As mentioned before I just need the ability to get a new public IP without rebooting the modem. I really don't need any other features. I've read that there are some other totally stock cable modems that can do this, maybe thats my easiest route to take. However on hax getting up to 20 public ips at once to host rdsl service is a really nice feature.

EDIT: I'm assuming before I call the ISP with the new mac I should switch hax into factory mode, disable any stealth settings and let them do their thing? If I get online I'm golden right?

Messages In This Thread
RE: SoCal TWC - Riverside Area Change 5/17/12 - by GreekDad - 18-05-2012, 07:51 PM