Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
extracting certs from nonvol or full flash
Sorry is Vultureware..! Lol

cmnonexpv 1.0.1 does work for me. if anyone needs it let me know.
i just recently posted this question but I shall ask here as it is more fitting to the subject
first off, background info. i grabbed a full backup from a SB5102. I have considered the difference in nonvol size of the 5102 (64k) compared to the conventional 5100/5101 (32k)
There seems to be an offset in memory range where the certs are in the 5102 nonvol as I've tried to extract them using cmnonexp (fail) and have looked for them manually by hex, and can't seem to nail exactly where they start or end. Now for the question.
Does anyone have mapped the range values of where the certs reside in the 5102 nonvol?
not I but i will keep my eyes open for that.
(30-01-2012, 05:12 PM)crazyanimal Wrote: not I but i will keep my eyes open for that.

thanks crazyanimal, it should be something that we need to figure out as it is a modem a lot of ISPs seemed to have leased. I do realize I could just flash haxorware on it and extract the certs using snmp but that modem isn't mine and having meticulously opened it enough to dump the flash was enough tampering as is, plus i don't have another 5102.
Anybody has a sb5102 dump? I can try it for you if I can make it to work with sb5101.
its fine, thanks for the offer
i found one for 20 bucks, probably going grab it 1 of these days
Trip'...

I may have a 5120 dump somewhere....If you need it, let me know

Peace

Bye Bye Carlos
Knowledge=Power
(13-01-2012, 10:22 PM)OGT Wrote: If you insert certs to SB6120 from a SB5101, will you get the same speed as a SB5101 (30Mbps) or the speed increases? SB6120 (100Mbps)

i figured out the answer to this question. it would be the same speed just a more stable connection. i have ran the D3 with the 20/2 setup and the 50/5. the 50/5 is nice but can we push it more? i am gonna try this weekend, if i don't go striper fishing.
You can us d2 certs on a d3 but why bother? It isn't like you'r fooling the cmts with that...a silver cfg on d3 gives you more connections so it is superior when using torrents but it doesn't give you more speed.
(31-01-2012, 03:47 AM)trippingballs Wrote: its fine, thanks for the offer
i found one for 20 bucks, probably going grab it 1 of these days

I have 1 if u need it...virgin..not blacklisted.