Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
time warner cable in west los angeles
correct me if i'm wrong but i'm getting white hair trying to figure this out. after all the reading i have been doing i figure to get time warner to work in my area west los angeles, ca i just need to reflash my modem the same way i did to get it to work in the first place because after the modem is flashed with the hacked firmware i need to have a mac address from another node and i only have one try to hook it up to twc to get valid cert if i happen to use a mac that isn't a twc sub i wouldn't get service and have to reflash the modem again because they would give me a invalid cert once i try to change the mac to another mac that can't be deleted unless i reflash the modem again with the hacked software? yes? no?

or i could just get another hacked modem from say a charter communication modem and just input the subbed twc mac and it should work if plug it up to twc service correct? thanks for the help i greatly appreciate it.
your wrong it's certs you need to reflash (or just the nonvol as it's easier)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Snmp scanning is disabled I believe. Actually it's not it's just you need the private community strings.
No I will not help you if only have a few worthless post on the forum.
It depends where you are located on the Westside. Some areas East of Westwood Blvd, but North of Santa Monica Blvd is still on Doc 1.0 (BPI Doc 1.0...so all you need is a valid mac addy from another node), but other areas are on Doc1.1 (BPI+, so you also need valid certs).

How to know if you are in a Doc 1.1 area (ghetto method) without knowing much: If you enter a valid mac from another node, and the "Status" indicator on Haxoware is stuck on "Sending Registration"...you are in Doc 1.1 area.

(04-10-2011, 08:36 PM)skribblz Wrote: Snmp scanning is disabled I believe. Actually it's not it's just you need the private community strings.

What is the length of the private community strings where you are? Have you ever tried to Brute Force the community strings to get at the CM info? Have you ever looked at your own private community strings in the config file? I think mine is the third after "s3uw4d" and "yZaK4E8I".
This is the best ghetto method you posted used this from the get go.

(04-10-2011, 10:51 PM)Mordeth Wrote: It depends where you are located on the Westside. Some areas East of Westwood Blvd, but North of Santa Monica Blvd is still on Doc 1.0 (BPI Doc 1.0...so all you need is a valid mac addy from another node), but other areas are on Doc1.1 (BPI+, so you also need valid certs).

How to know if you are in a Doc 1.1 area (ghetto method) without knowing much: If you enter a valid mac from another node, and the "Status" indicator on Haxoware is stuck on "Sending Registration"...you are in Doc 1.1 area.