Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How to restore stock firmware on sb5101?
Hello: I have a fresh sb5101 with original MAC and cert. The only thing I did to it was installing Haxorware. Now I wish to remove Haxorware, restore it to stock firmware so I can use it as a subbed modem with CC. I can no longer find the original back up. I have a clean 2mb dump from a stock sb5101. But if I flash this 2mb dump, it changes the MAC to the other stock sb5101. Basically cloning the stock sb5101.

Is there a way to restore stock firmware, without changing MAC?
untick the disable firmware updates and change the modem spoof to a lower number then try to go online the modem should update to latest stock version
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(26-09-2011, 10:34 AM)drewmerc Wrote: untick the disable firmware updates and change the modem spoof to a lower number then try to go online the modem should update to latest stock version

Thank you, drewmerc. Do I need to provision it, or is simply hooking it up to cable good enough? If I need to provision it, can there be problems attempting to provision a modem with haxorware on it?
on my isp just hooking it up will update it (but you cant provision a modem on my network)
__________________________________________________________________________________
After trying what you said, my sb5101 still won't go back to stock firmware and I am on CC. Is there a way to flash a stock firmware without JTAG?
Haxorware has the option of updating firmware in the user interface. You can use that option to flash back the stock firmware w/o needing JTAG. But you must have a copy of the stock firmware to flash.
Thanks for the reply. I tried the following file named "SB5101-2.7.6.0-GA-00-NOSH-NNDMN.p7". It said wrong image file. Is there something I need to look for when looking for the stock file? I did flash a sb4200 long time ago but I don't remember much since it was very long ago lol.
thats because it's a p7 image you need to chop off a few bytes for it to work (damn even i am missing sbh)

if you pm me a 2mb dump i'll make you a flash that should work
Thank goodness I was able to find my backup of the stock firmware. I used it to restore my modem to stock. I can email it to you if you still need it.
(11-10-2011, 10:53 AM)drewmerc Wrote: thats because it's a p7 image you need to chop off a few bytes for it to work (damn even i am missing sbh)

if you pm me a 2mb dump i'll make you a flash that should work

Ok, I PM'ed you the file.

Thanks again!