Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
sbhacker down?
(23-09-2011, 12:39 PM)drewmerc Wrote:
(23-09-2011, 12:28 PM)4:20 Wrote: I hope so, but that is not the word that is floating...
Over at CH, the word is out that SBH is down for good...
Where did you get your info drewmerc?
the sbh irc channel(i only looked at the announce i did not enter the channel) , i do find it strange the haxorware.com moved server's out of the usa the day before tho but that makes it look less like a bust(so really i have no idea what is going on)
its funny.. because I suggested that in the sbhacker irc.. to move it out of the us.. Tongue
some peeps at the other place mentioned that the "bust" is perhaps a cover to take the money and run...Im one to the give the benefit of the doubt but I wouldn't be surprised either.
i barely joined that site when it went down over a year ago, all the reasons are just rumors. its down and its not coming back, if it was it would have been up by now. that site had way too much attention on it anyways and this site is hella low key. so just use this site to take ur baby steps and move on, mad respect to the vets who keep this site up and running for us newbs

peace im out this bitch
(07-10-2011, 05:23 AM)ADDlCTlON Wrote: i barely joined that site when it went down over a year ago, all the reasons are just rumors. its down and its not coming back, if it was it would have been up by now. that site had way too much attention on it anyways and this site is hella low key. so just use this site to take ur baby steps and move on, mad respect to the vets who keep this site up and running for us newbs

peace im out this bitch

SBH was a lot more discrete. Most of these guys asking for certs and all would of probably been ignored or flat-out banned @SBH.
(07-10-2011, 07:13 AM)Mordeth Wrote: SBH was a lot more discrete.
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407...tled45.jpg
not really, every haxorware page has a link to sbh (totally not discrete) and that site was always in the grey are of the law, but there are hella other forums with the same info; most of the sbh pages and downloads can be accessed via http://web.archive.org/web/2009021217502...hp?act=idx

this site is also linked via haxorware but this site is more like a legit support site.
(07-10-2011, 11:20 PM)ADDlCTlON Wrote: this site is also linked via haxorware but this site is more like a legit support site.

that's because i'm constrained by my own limited understanding of uk law

__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(07-10-2011, 11:20 PM)ADDlCTlON Wrote:
(07-10-2011, 07:13 AM)Mordeth Wrote: SBH was a lot more discrete.
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407...tled45.jpg
not really, every haxorware page has a link to sbh (totally not discrete) and that site was always in the grey are of the law, but there are hella other forums with the same info; most of the sbh pages and downloads can be accessed via http://web.archive.org/web/2009021217502...hp?act=idx

this site is also linked via haxorware but this site is more like a legit support site.

Haxorware, in itself, as a program is NOT illegal, but what one can/might do with it can be illegal. There was a presumption of "for testing process only" on SBH and outright blatant requests of what we get on here would not of been tolerated.

I actually like this forum, since no one is "pretending" and people get straight to the point. I come on this forum, to find out any new intel and attempt to help others. What I don't like is that some just spit out, "I will not help you or will not spoon-feed you,etc." At least lead them in the right direction.

(08-10-2011, 01:09 AM)Mordeth Wrote: Haxorware, in itself, as a program is NOT illegal

you sure about that? as it does contain a small amount of Motorola code
how much code does it take to be copyright infringement

(i get round it by seeing the haxorware download as a diff file or patch eg the moto code is already on the modem. but would this stand up in court i think it would not)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(08-10-2011, 01:28 AM)drewmerc Wrote:
(08-10-2011, 01:09 AM)Mordeth Wrote: Haxorware, in itself, as a program is NOT illegal

(i get round it by seeing the haxorware download as a diff file or patch eg the moto code is already on the modem. but would this stand up in court i think it would not)
OK...you got me, but I doubt that the FBI will spend a squirt of piss on it, unless Motorola forces them to enforce the copyright infringement. Look at it this way, there are people selling Haxorware modded modems on E-Bay and have been for some time now without any restrictions.

all this speculation is trivial. sbhacker is down due to the fact that owner is unable to deal with a server situation at the moment. if the owner follows thru with his plans i will steward it until hes able to take back control. although i dont even know if its worth the time and effort due to all the crap thats going on. basically modem hacking has become much like fta and most isps have shut it down completely. so those small few that do it for the enjoyment of testing, experimenting, and legitimate hacking are not going to publicly share info anyways due to all the idiots running around trying to steal internet. being the founder of sbh ive always had a legit subbed account, and experimented with a modified modem, most of the admins and higher level community members are the same. sad fact is we make up less than 1%. 99% of everyone else is trying to steal internet, and not even smart enough to figure out the hows themselves. so i hope that puts any misinformation to bed......
(08-10-2011, 01:44 AM)Mordeth Wrote:
(08-10-2011, 01:28 AM)drewmerc Wrote:

OK...you got me, but I doubt that the FBI will spend a squirt of piss on it, unless Motorola forces them to enforce the copyright infringement. Look at it this way, there are people selling Haxorware modded modems on E-Bay and have been for some time now without any restrictions.
im pretty sure the code they use is gpl......