Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
blackcat haxoware new
It seems a lot of you are using very old versions of the free BlackcatUSB software. Currently, it is at software build 230 and firmware version 6.01.

The newer versions of the software have built in universal cfi flash detection and programming capabilities; i.e. it no longer requires a "flash database" to know which flash to program and how. The new version also runs a lot faster too.

Also, BlackcatUSB has had de-brick utilities built in since version 200? If you read the documentation, you would know that if the software can detect the CPU ID (meaning the JTAG interface is communicating correctly) than you can use the flashfix console command to fix your device. Once you run that command, it will ask you for a bootloader and reprogram that into your device. Then you reset it and everything should be working fine.

Link for the newest software can be downloaded here.
(20-03-2010, 07:59 AM)Pantheon Wrote: It seems a lot of you are using very old versions of the free BlackcatUSB software. Currently, it is at software build 230 and firmware version 6.01.

The newer versions of the software have built in universal cfi flash detection and programming capabilities; i.e. it no longer requires a "flash database" to know which flash to program and how. The new version also runs a lot faster too.

Also, BlackcatUSB has had de-brick utilities built in since version 200? If you read the documentation, you would know that if the software can detect the CPU ID (meaning the JTAG interface is communicating correctly) than you can use the flashfix console command to fix your device. Once you run that command, it will ask you for a bootloader and reprogram that into your device. Then you reset it and everything should be working fine.

Link for the newest software can be downloaded here.

Thanks for sharing.
Pantheon
Thanx for sharring
I had version 220. works perfectly.
BlackCat Usb is best investment I have ever made in my life.
High quality software.

I do not buy to this BS badmouthing BC software and BC jtag.

The only problem with that I had, that dealer, who sold to me, sent to me 16 inch ribbon cable with that.
Reading and writing with that was not reliable, had to hold with finger and press while downloading, then I bought the pogo pins,so I do not have to solder in anything or hold with my finger.

I have red on other forum, that ribbon cable has to be less than 10 cm (6 inches) and every second line tied together and hooked to good ground , pin 10, on the modem. Just to isolate and prevent 'talking' between lines during transmission.

Pins 2,4,6,8 are going to nowhere

So I have made my own cable, and now is working like a champ, every time like a clockwork, no errors.
Debricked quite a few modems, it is snap, less than 2 min.

Software is easiest to use it, comparing to others, I've use before pararel BC jtag, SBH, and NT, Tom/UD, and BC is really shining , its a high quality software.
Whoever designed it, definitely he knows how to do it and he made fantastic job.
It is not any hodge-podge utility like SBH or NT, it is high quality soft.

Even newbee can use it with ease.

It is my best money spent I ever had made in my life.

And speed ????? PTFFFFFF
I do not care if it is 2 min, NT and SBH are doing that within 20 seconds

But BC USB is doing this reliable, and reliability is most important to me.
@Latency
"If your modem is bricked, use a PJtag and use Toms Utility."
No u do not have to use it.
BlackCat USB soft has two files in it , just for debricking the modems.
One for 5100 and one for 5101 and same for the boots.

It is snap to debrick now with BC USB.
Those files are in special folder, at least in the version 220 and previous.
(23-03-2010, 10:33 PM)lacoster7 Wrote: @Latency

If you notice, I have posted the source code on the sbhax website. I already tried all that you mentioned including everybody elses suggestions on the forums, but these 2 mods I have do not want to read what I through at it.

Toms confirms the boot section okay, image0/1 writes all the way every time, reset.. yet nothing.
Yet, with all the other SB model modems I have ever used, Toms usually will work.

Leads me to believe, the TSOP or whatever controls it is messed up, even when I apply voltage to pin 12 / 2 or whatever (since I have found varying threads on textbook reset). So I wonder if that flash fix would have actually solved things for me a week ago if I had bothered to read your comment earlier. Managed to achieve the same results via other methods eventually.

So, I have BC v235 and is far better than Toms any day. I still have to fix the firmware section on the 5100 tab as sometimes it gets confused with a flash write one. Just restart BC and do it.. seems to be okay.

I am curious if your Parallel cable is the same as mine? I might be interested in getting one 2 ft with whatever you did to test out? I think 2ft should will work considering the header should be soldered to the board for direct connectivity. Let me know what you would need so I can get that older/longer one you already made.

In the meantime, does anybody have a 5100mod firm + noisy boot - 2mb dump? I will ask a friend to send me one if not.

Can we get a link posted for the best bootloader available for the 5100 please so the rest of the community can benifit? Or better yet, send to me so I can update the archive with all the BC versions ever found & hacked by me?

Thanks.
Quote:I am curious if your Parallel cable is the same as mine? I might be interested in getting one 2 ft with whatever you did to test out? I think 2ft should will work considering the header should be soldered to the board for direct connectivity. Let me know what you would need so I can get that older/longer one you already made.

Do not know if I understand u correctly.
Pararel cable should be short as well, although it is not that critical, as speed of transmission is much lower, so"talking lines effect" might not show up.

But definitely shorter ribon cable make a difference, as u not gonna have errors.
With long lines u have errors most of the time.

Sorry, I didn.t read your post earlier, if u still want this 2M dump of 5100, I may send you in no time, if still interested. I have on my 5100 MOD v4beta, do not want to put anything else.

Still using both 5100, getting decent speed, although 5101 with haxor are eazier to handle.
(13-04-2010, 11:14 AM)Latency Wrote:
(23-03-2010, 10:33 PM)lacoster7 Wrote: @Latency

If you notice, I have posted the source code on the sbhax website. I already tried all that you mentioned including everybody elses suggestions on the forums, but these 2 mods I have do not want to read what I through at it.

Toms confirms the boot section okay, image0/1 writes all the way every time, reset.. yet nothing.
Yet, with all the other SB model modems I have ever used, Toms usually will work.

Leads me to believe, the TSOP or whatever controls it is messed up, even when I apply voltage to pin 12 / 2 or whatever (since I have found varying threads on textbook reset). So I wonder if that flash fix would have actually solved things for me a week ago if I had bothered to read your comment earlier. Managed to achieve the same results via other methods eventually.

So, I have BC v235 and is far better than Toms any day. I still have to fix the firmware section on the 5100 tab as sometimes it gets confused with a flash write one. Just restart BC and do it.. seems to be okay.

I am curious if your Parallel cable is the same as mine? I might be interested in getting one 2 ft with whatever you did to test out? I think 2ft should will work considering the header should be soldered to the board for direct connectivity. Let me know what you would need so I can get that older/longer one you already made.

In the meantime, does anybody have a 5100mod firm + noisy boot - 2mb dump? I will ask a friend to send me one if not.

Can we get a link posted for the best bootloader available for the 5100 please so the rest of the community can benifit? Or better yet, send to me so I can update the archive with all the BC versions ever found & hacked by me?

Thanks.
Hi Latency,
I'm new to this scene. Can you send me the 5100 files? I'm also interested in using the blackcat usb. I can't seem to order it from their site. Is ebay the only way to get it?
You can order it from the site, just need to find the correct one

http://www.embeddedcomputers.net/products/FlashcatUSB/
(15-06-2015, 01:27 AM)ricktendo Wrote: You can order it from the site, just need to find the correct one

http://www.embeddedcomputers.net/products/FlashcatUSB/

Thanks....
What about Toms Jtag utility 1.3? Where can I get that?
(15-06-2015, 01:45 AM)jd02902 Wrote: Thanks....
What about Toms Jtag utility 1.3? Where can I get that?

http://www.haxorware.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=830