Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
blackcat haxoware new
i have a blackcat usb and there are no instructions for it with new software ca n someone tell me if i have to offset thye flash like on previous additions of haxoware
thanx
blackcat USB is LAME.
MEGA LAME.
it doesnt even support the 5101 properly...
offset is 0x10000 as always
[Image: 2qu0z8h.gif]
i know bud that is why i have just ordered the usbjtag from surfboard hacker
(22-02-2009, 12:24 PM)rajkosto Wrote: blackcat USB is LAME.
MEGA LAME.
it doesnt even support the 5101 properly...
offset is 0x10000 as always

LOL.. actually its the best since build 209. I have tried all the other ones and the BlackcatUSB (formally Schwartz Katze) is the best. It has built in verify now so you don't brick your modem. The only thing is that it requires you to license it ($20 ea off tcniso) unless you hack it like I did.

I have no problems and it works just fine with hackorware.. flawlessly in fact.

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about, and in fact it allows you to change the MAC address and serial as well. The offsets are built into the application so you dont have to specify them. It supports SB51xx series and allows you to change bootloader and firmware independant. Yes, I have the SB5101 modem and it works just fine with it. BlackcatUSB v1.3 w/ 4.01fm supports <= WinXP, otherwise downgrade to 3.20fm found in Sigma-X2 RC5 for Vista and only grab the firmware & drivers for programming firmware.

If you RTFM it will tell specifically by the majority of those who made the instructions to grab Blackcat in fact.
Blackcat USB is piece of s... so dont be stupid and post something
intelectual instead stupid sentences.

I recently bought usb blackcat and all I could do is brick my modems.
So finally I soldered my own jtag cable and everything is O.K. now.
Also schwartzekatze is lame program....
Better get jtag utility by TOM it does its job Smile
(11-03-2009, 01:43 PM)Latency Wrote: LOL.. actually its the best since build 209. I have tried all the other ones and the BlackcatUSB (formally Schwartz Katze) is the best. It has built in verify now so you don't brick your modem. The only thing is that it requires you to license it ($20 ea off tcniso) unless you hack it like I did.

I have no problems and it works just fine with hackorware.. flawlessly in fact.

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about, and in fact it allows you to change the MAC address and serial as well. The offsets are built into the application so you dont have to specify them. It supports SB51xx series and allows you to change bootloader and firmware independant. Yes, I have the SB5101 modem and it works just fine with it. BlackcatUSB v1.3 w/ 4.01fm supports <= WinXP, otherwise downgrade to 3.20fm found in Sigma-X2 RC5 for Vista and only grab the firmware & drivers for programming firmware.

If you RTFM it will tell specifically by the majority of those who made the instructions to grab Blackcat in fact.

I have been using Sigma x2 for the last 3 years no problems with serial or blackcatusb. I would like to try out haxorware but USBJtag bricks my modem every time I flash with it.

So I guess my question is how exactly did you flash with blackcatusb?

Thanks,
Rick
As of June 2009, Haxorware is the best out on the market due to Comcasts security bullshit. The blackcat programmers are dj decent, however the software is somewhat flawed in that it doesn't detect certain modems very well.

There is a RS232 (serial) unit which won't detect with the blackcat software. Some of the other utils such as etherboot & chapter21 will for SB4x00 CMs.

You have to make a custom LPT cable to do recoveries with JTAGutil and poke some bytes. If the bootloader is working, BlackcatUSB will detect. Currently, v215 BlackcatUSB (formerly Schwartz Katze) is just as reliable. Software will hang on flash detection if drivers aren't working correctly. There are USB1.1 -> v3.02 AVR (vista/win7) & USB2.2 -> v4.01 AVR( 2000/XP/NT) firmware. Use the drivers accordingly.

The blackcat software is now open source (VB.NET 2.0).
(22-06-2009, 02:43 PM)Latency Wrote: As of June 2009, Haxorware is the best out on the market due to Comcasts security bullshit. The blackcat programmers are dj decent, however the software is somewhat flawed in that it doesn't detect certain modems very well.

There is a RS232 (serial) unit which won't detect with the blackcat software. Some of the other utils such as etherboot & chapter21 will for SB4x00 CMs.

You have to make a custom LPT cable to do recoveries with JTAGutil and poke some bytes. If the bootloader is working, BlackcatUSB will detect. Currently, v215 BlackcatUSB (formerly Schwartz Katze) is just as reliable. Software will hang on flash detection if drivers aren't working correctly. There are USB1.1 -> v3.02 AVR (vista/win7) & USB2.2 -> v4.01 AVR( 2000/XP/NT) firmware. Use the drivers accordingly.

The blackcat software is now open source (VB.NET 2.0).

Where do I get this JTAGutil program? I searched google and found 4 different programs with the same name. I want to make sure I use the right one. Wink

And how exactly do I poke the bytes?
the only reason the software is now open source is cause derpangel fails at coding
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(10-07-2009, 12:50 AM)Rick7C2 Wrote: Where do I get this JTAGutil program? I searched google and found 4 different programs with the same name. I want to make sure I use the right one. Wink

And how exactly do I poke the bytes?

You can flash it with BlackcatUSB software (formerly Schwartz Katze) and after some specific build version (after I bypassed the registration crap and reported such) the program then became available to all and FREE.

In the latest build (v216) it will detect the chip and then create tabs that will allow you to choose which firmware you would like to flash.

Typically the program works fine, but once in awhile the flash will not take and does not necessarily have anything to do with BlackcatUSB. If you are getting 0 lights on (after the inital 5 that flash when you plug it in) then your bootloader needs reflashed .. and to my knowledge BlackcatUSB will hang when trying to wait for a response back from the modem.. and Yes it does detect the chip.

This is where Schwartz Katze (BlackcatUSB software) application needs help e.g. 'flashfix' + sometimes gets confused with other tab button events. It might be possible to bypass the part where it is polling to detect a response upload load of the application and get to the configuration part where you can actually program the modem, but I have not decided to spend the time to do this hack much like I did with the registration bypass in the former releases.