Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Netgear cg814wg v2 with BCM3349
Hi rajkosto,

Will there any chance the haxorware will support above modem?

I have one set of above modem (gateway); the original netgear firmware is poor and so many people complained via the internet...

I tried to install the haxorware; the modem can run partially under haxorware WITH OUT gateway and wireless function;

I am wondering is there any chance to add gateway/wireless function to the haxorware; here is a link to the netgear ftp, you can find the open source there for cg814wg v2: ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/GPL/CG...lnotes.zip;

Below pls kindly find the detail pics of the modem.

Tks!
whole view:
[Image: 212eh4o.jpg]
flash: and mini pci card:
[Image: 97207o.jpg] [Image: 15xvku9.jpg]
How did you program the router serial or jtag? if serial what ports are what?
check your pm
I am currently working on a NetgearCG814Gcmr modem, Almost identical to yours. Same chips and mother board, prob just diff. firmware. One thing i noticed is that the flash chip on this is twice the size of the Normal modems ie sb5100. My guess is that 1 half is for the modem function and the other half is for router and wireless functionality. You may have flashed over that area thus making the router function in operable. Can you tell me how you managed to flash this? I am planning on removing the tsop tonight and reading with my programmer. I will post the dump here if anyone is interested. I also read that to patch an image it needs to be decompressed and patched them recompressed. Can anyone explain that to me in detail ? I think if we can post the haxoware just in the correct area we can keep all of the functionality.

Thanks,
RB8720
nope, the flash is twice the size because the normal firmware for it is twice the size...
and docsis requires 2 copies of firmware...so...

you lost your router/wifi functionality because haxorware doesnt have this, as it is for the regular modems
[Image: 2qu0z8h.gif]
(13-04-2009, 09:30 PM)rajkosto Wrote: nope, the flash is twice the size because the normal firmware for it is twice the size...
and docsis requires 2 copies of firmware...so...

you lost your router/wifi functionality because haxorware doesnt have this, as it is for the regular modems

just noticed that when i looked at the dump. I'll try patching haxoware to the first firmware section and see what happens.

Thanks,
RB
Haxoware you can use this? How to operate I do not use putty to connect
(15-04-2009, 01:59 PM)ytsnakeqq Wrote: Haxoware you can use this? How to operate I do not use putty to connect

i got in with usbjtag but modem keeps going into debug mode and wont let me erase or write

IDCODE 0334917F
Broadcom BCM3349
IMPCODE 800904
DMA supoorted
Found Address= 9fc00000 Intel 28F640J3

Test name: SGB900
Test DLL: sgb900.dll
IRLength: 5
Endian: Endian
boot Flash=Intel 28F640J3
App Flash=Intel 28F640J3
cfg Flash=Intel 28F640J3

i had good mac adress just wanted to change cm file

but now i lost everything. can no longer log on to modem thru ethernet
finally got cg814wg v2 up wth haxorware. is there any way to add options to software. took me forever just to unbrick....Smile
well enjoy your 16MB 5101 with a switch connected to the ethernet port (which is what this modem becomes after you put haxorware on it)
[Image: 2qu0z8h.gif]