Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
SB5101 ugd to 16m Ram
Just buy a netgear cg814ccr. same chipset but comes with 16 mb ram already.

edit....N/m..I forget that the nonvol is 128k instead of 32 k so you 'd need to change the keys individually. That's what I do but I'm sure that you don't want to do all that. Carry on....
Actually, this is a skill I wish to learn. Once I have all the necessary tools (solder iron, solder, heat gun, solder paste, kapton tape, solder wick, flux, etc.) I plan on trying to teach myself (first the most difficult) drag soldering, after that I will try (the easier) heat gun+solder paste method

I plan to practice first on my WRT54Gv6 (I no longer use) before I move onto my SB5101 (have a backup in case I blow it)

I guess to answer my question is any of those ram chips should work fine, no matter which I choose. Will report back in a few weeks with pics if all goes well
Have fun! Soldering a dpc 3000 makes me want to scream! I always manage to bridge the chip legs.
Well I ham happy to say all went well, managed to upgrade my RAM to 32MB + bonus update my LED's with brighter/different colored ones (Power, Receive, Send, Online, PC/Activity, Standby) and you are correct, had to take care of allot of bridges

[Image: eSOQEQNl.jpg]

[Image: mR2YhbN.jpg]

[Image: 5jvDPkU.jpg]

[Image: HCDYHpMl.jpg]

[Image: T58xrIWl.jpg]

[Image: pOTPoUll.jpg]

[Image: jNBQv6Hl.jpg]
nice and clean, you really did not need to put the rf shield back, the rf is low to pointless and just there for some random reg
anyways good work
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Actually it does help allot, I notice lower temperatures and better signal levels on the older revision modem with shield, vs the newer revision one without

BTW anybody know the correct command to test ram on a SB5101, I think this is for SB5100

Code:
cd c
test_bcmalloc

Code:
CM/CmHal> ls

!               ?               REM             cd              dir
find_command    help            history         instances       ls
man             pwd             sleep           syntax          system_time
usage
----
ackcel_show     bcmalloc_show   bist_test       change          counters
cpe_add         cpe_del         cpe_max         cpe_print       ds_state
hal_show        l2vpn_mask      ldaix_read      lock_ds         log
mac_diag        map_lead_time_show              packets_queued  qam_lock
qosParms        read_mbr        read_posted     scan_ds         scan_stop
set_mode        show            show_halif      transmit        tune
tune_band       tuner_read      tuner_write     us_burst        us_cw_transmit
us_debug        us_reset        us_sweep        us_transmit     write_mbr
write_posted
----
Nice job, i was considering attempting something similar on one of my D3 modems buy they all seem to use a BGA package and I'm not up to the patience of reballing.