Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sb6141 stop working
(23-04-2020, 12:43 PM)quirino18 Wrote:
(16-04-2020, 08:43 AM)JohnnyDgrs Wrote: Does swapping really work? My sb6141 went offline for the past weekend and came back yesterday just to go out this morning again.

oh yes it does work! tried it yesterday at 2 places where they went down i swapped them and both worked again! totally different city dough

Are they still up and running? I have access to two modems, which are both down. Will swap them tonight.
My apologies. I'm new to this. Can someone give me a high level description on how this works?

Here is what I think I understand so far:
- SURFboard modems are the most popular... since they are easiest to "hack?" ..or more widely supported by custom firmware?
- "Testers" load custom firmware to be able to apply certs and keys. I'm assuming keys are used to decrypt the cert.
- These certs are taken from valid paying customers? --which allows gives them access to the "free internet" because they are whitelisted by the ISP? Is that correct?
- Regarding config files, is that separate from the cert? I am assuming so, but wondering what its purpose is. Is it for capping/uncapping speeds?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. And again, for educational and testing purposes only.
(27-04-2020, 11:30 PM)anonymous411 Wrote:
(23-04-2020, 12:43 PM)quirino18 Wrote:
(16-04-2020, 08:43 AM)JohnnyDgrs Wrote: Does swapping really work? My sb6141 went offline for the past weekend and came back yesterday just to go out this morning again.

oh yes it does work! tried it yesterday at 2 places where they went down i swapped them and both worked again! totally different city dough

Are they still up and running? I have access to two modems, which are both down. Will swap them tonight.

CONFIRMED -- swapped two broken SB6141s, and one is working. I have yet to try the other one in the other household.
swapping the modem do in fact work but this is not a permanent fix it will go down again
there a new firmware called the dragon i dont have it been trying to find it but i have two modems that have the firmware on it that i just got today looking to try to do a backup on it but not even sure where to start (noob)
(28-04-2020, 07:46 AM)marese310 Wrote: swapping the modem do in fact work but this is not a permanent fix it will go down again
there a new firmware called the dragon i dont have it been trying to find it but i have two modems that have the firmware on it that i just got today looking to try to do a backup on it but not even sure where to start (noob)

so whats different with this SW? is it up ans stable ?
Which part of me are you interested in....? I am only renting right now. I think I still have a few good years left.
(05-05-2020, 09:49 PM)newname Wrote: Which part of me are you interested in....? I am only renting right now. I think I still have a few good years left.

LolĀ 
I'm interested in buying some 6141.
Pm me if you have some left to sell.
Sorry....6141's all gone now. Doctor bought the whole container from me.
I still have one fairly good lung left though....and my right knee has a bit of a click to it when I crouch, but it's yours
if you are interested....
Wacka, wacka,wacka
(06-05-2020, 01:47 PM)newname Wrote: Sorry....6141's all gone now. Doctor bought the whole container from me.
I still have one fairly good lung left though....and my right knee has a bit of a click to it when I crouch, but it's yours
if you are interested....

I only bought the whole container because Newname was kind enough to load each modem with active certs for my area. Hard to find a good seller like this. 5 stars for you .