Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BPI + Authentication Explained by ABMJR
M8..This is a forum for Haxorware...

I have zero desire to dive into what your asking. Maybe you can start and do some research and most of the leg work..
Knowledge=Power
sure, I will do. Sorry for offtop..
(27-09-2012, 08:40 PM)ABMJR Wrote: The Firmware doesnt hold the upper hand, The CMTS does ...What works isnt posted and isnt shared anymore. There are ways, but they are kept silent..

DOCSIS or BPI 1.1

What do you mean?

Rajko identified BPI 1.0 and 1.1 with the "mistake of the word "DOCSIS"...It shud be compliancy.

There is BPI 1.0, BPI 1.1

Thats it

DOCSIS 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1 (coming)

GLAD to see your still sharing a little bit of your knowledge ABMJR. Seems like your everywhere Big Grin Whats up with SBH? And Ive been meaning to ask you on how I can tell if my modem is running on a 1, 2, or 3 Docis node/network? I see in telnet different info and even a config but its dynamic. Maybe theres a way to extract that config file via http 0r tftp and open it in vultureware? I dont know tell me buddy por favor.
Its the first time am seeing this thread, where was i all this time, oh i was sitting on the beach having a beer and some jerk pork.
@ABMJR If the privacy is disabled, and from logs I see "Config file: privacy is Disabled, privacy mode is BPI+" - then it's not clear, how the privacy mode can be BPI+? The CMTS still check for valid certs when privacy is disabled? The logs show that it still checks:

VerifyCvcAndSignature:605 (pid=2103): CVC signature verification failed
setMCVC:2356 (pid=2103): setMCVC:2356:SENDING EVENT EVM_SW_DL_CFG_CVC_VALID_FAIL
.. ..
CfgFileParser_Activate:924 (pid=2103): Missing or Invalid Mfg CVC!
setBpiMode:2599 (pid=2103): Config file: privacy is Disabled, privacy mode is BPI+
CfgFileParser_Activate:956 (pid=2103): Configuration file processing complete

Config is received, but CM registration fails.
(07-02-2012, 08:09 AM)crazyanimal Wrote: these came out of the modem using cmnon at the same time in one scan. there are 2 of every file, public,private,root cm,ca. it is a d3 modem, if that matters

Hey crazy animal there are alot of mixed treads and im want to find out how to extract the certs from my dubbed modem plz
It's easier than you think.. secure sofware download huh?

If you have access to a modem that will send you cert's, it would be far easier to copy the non-vol of that modem to your own tftp server, then point your haxorware to the non-vol in the cert's section, possibly using non-vol backup blah blah.. or extract them from the log in usbjtagnt software to save the bpi.bin which is the entire package.
(24-03-2015, 10:18 AM)Ziricom Wrote: Thank god i know how Wink

Thanks for reviving a nearly year old thread to "thank god" and inform the public you know how.
And I'm no the clown, I just wanted tae ram that right up him Wink
(28-05-2015, 05:36 PM)Ziricom Wrote: nobody ever revived it

[Image: x6suE5K.jpg]