Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
sb 5101 problems
Exclamation 
Hi,

Now I read the instructions and made sure I did it right. WHat I did was backed up the original flash 2mb and then i follow this instructions since I bought the sb5101 brand new at walmart.. I used the jtagutility by tom.

It is recommended you make a backup before flashing haxorware (or any other hacked firmware) onto your modem.

To create a 2MB backup with JtagUtility, enter the following commands:
detect
getram 9fc00000 200000
save 9fc00000 200000
(A save as dialog will appear, choose where to save your 2MB backup)

now since I did this it saved the file, after this I got the Premade 2MB Dumps with Haxorware 1.1 rev27 then i followed this instructions

detect
ldram 9fc00000
Find the dump that you want to write (I used this file 5101-11REV27.bin)
program 9fc00000 200000

after I completed this it said flash complete it was already programmed onto the modem.. now i unplugged the power plug, jtag parallel cables.. after i plugged the power plug back in and the ethernet in.. i get all flash then it went off then just the orange light illuminating (active light)..

I've tried to get in the modem using 192.168.100.10.. nothing.. im not sure if i bricked it. now I like to restore it again back to its original firmware and try it again til I get it right.

Can you please direct me to on how to do this ? I did everything you've instructed me to do and I even read the haynes guide..

Thanks in advance!!
why did you restore a 2mb dump if your modem was already in stock mode ?
cant you use your brain a little ? the restore a 2mb dump instructions are only meant if you have a infinite nonvol...
[Image: 2qu0z8h.gif]
(27-01-2009, 12:55 PM)rajkosto Wrote: why did you restore a 2mb dump if your modem was already in stock mode ?
cant you use your brain a little ? the restore a 2mb dump instructions are only meant if you have a infinite nonvol...

No.. I flash your 2mb haxorware rev27 firmware onto the modem with your instructions.. and it didn't work.. perhaps it bricked?? I figured since its gone and the way to restore it is by flashing the backup 2mb I made onto the modem. It didn't work either..

I did use my brain a little. Since you been in the game longer you should at least make a " dummy how to book" around here because most of your instructions are ambiguous.

I am glad your doing great work for the community, how will we ever get it to work right if there's no proper instructions. I followed your videos and everything. It still didn't work.

Since I f*cked it up is there a way to restore it back?? you still haven't answer me back on that..
sorry to say this but your sharp tongue is only getting you more embarrassed. obviously you can't even follow the instructions or video properly since you're using a 2mb dump instead of just the firmware
To flash the dump do the same way you flashed this 2MB haxorware dump, but instead select your stock dump that you made before flashing haxorware.

What lights turn on when you plug the modem in after you flash the stock dump you made of your modem?

If your modem turns on fine after you flash the stock dump, then flash it with the haxorware firmware from here:
http://haxorware.com/haxorware11rev27.zip
\JtagUtility\instructions.txt
That tells you exactly how to flash the firmware only without doing this damn 2MB dump shit when you have a stock modem.
ok guys i read whole thing i m very new to this i did something like this too...what happened was that i had hax 1.1 b 85 i tried to upload config & my modem bricked no internet at all so i got pjtag & made backup of my old firmware & than flashed 2 mb dump...now my modem does work but sometime my online light starts blinking for 10 secs & internet stops working but it does come back on & sometimes modem shows that its working but no internet at all so i have manually plug power adap out & put it back in to make it work...now i wanna know my modem gives me these logs

2009-02-17 22:01:06 Critical D002.0 DHCP FAILED - Request sent, No response
2009-02-17 22:00:59 Critical D001.0 DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received
2009-02-17 22:00:48 Notice M572.0 Dhcp Renew Failed - Reinitialize MAC...

& mac doesnt match whats written in bottom of my modem (i have c*mc*st as my isp) & my torrent speed is not same any more it dropped alot but internet connection is fine ive been asking every place but didnt get any proper response to fix it back again & i did try to flash my old hax back but it actually bricks my modem so i have to flash it back with 2 mb dump...
ive amd chip as it detects it sb5101 if somebody cud help me step by step on that what shud i do ill really appreciate it thanx
you are using a 2mb dump so it's not your mac / certs anymore.

you can flash just the part that contains your certs from your bricked dump. either use a hex editor or usbjtag to grab just that section. then flash using jtag utility

so your signal levels are ok? hopefully you won't see that error as much with your original mac back. otherwise, you can always clone a mac from another neighborhood and use bpi+ bypass. you'll get reg-rsp errors but beyond that you should be fine.
What do I do if can't back up 2mb dump?
Can't issue commands detect, ldram 9fc00000 it says command no recognised?
help