Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How to clone a modem and download certificate from an online modem?
(14-04-2018, 01:53 PM)Techexp Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 02:35 PM)modembricker Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 03:22 AM)Techexp Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 07:52 AM)occalifornia Wrote: Buy a USBJTAG programmer and use it to clone your modem. Now you have a modem for testing / backup! Smile

how to i clone the modem with a usbjtag programmer please

Hook the jtag to your modem, press "read", then "save", then hook other modem up and press "write"

Thanks got a usjtag nt on the way as well as a test clip.
hi, what test clip did you use with sb6141?
(14-04-2018, 03:26 PM)ricktendo Wrote: Best to use a 3.3v external power source (like a usb to serial board) instead of the ISP Pin method, or get a FlashcatUSB Classic v2.2 instead of a USBJTAG because it does not need external power

hi, i am newbie. we can't use power supply that comes with the modem to power up the board?

thanks
I can read the MAC and certs from a sub modem with UBSJTAGnt?  
Really?
A former sub modem? 
Or one that is currently sub and powered on?  
Does the sub modem retain that MAC and certs if power cycled? That would surprise me.
(04-05-2019, 03:41 PM)Bruiser Wrote: I can read the MAC and certs from a sub modem with UBSJTAGnt?  
Really?
A former sub modem? 
Or one that is currently sub and powered on?  
Does the sub modem retain that MAC and certs if power cycled? That would surprise me.

reading data doesn't erase it.

Think about it this way.. you are outside of a bar. you ask someone in the parking lot to see their ID and you take a photo and print a duplicate. they may go into the bar before you do, but when you do attempt to go into the bar you present the id you made. if the original id was already seen you probably will be rejected from the bar. if you throw away your copy of the id or keep it in a drawer it has no affect on the original id.
I didn't think reading data erased it, but I did think that power cycling the modem would.
Which would be pretty much required to read the data from a former sub modem, if you have to solder a harness in it.

You are saying that I can unplug a former sub modem, solder a harness in it, connect a jtag and read the config from it? 
Unplugging it doesn't erase it?