Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't get online with PAID 3WEB Service with my old SB5100 modem
Hello all,

I live in Toronto, and I just went with 3Web for my internet service. I had a old SB5100 Modem sticking around that I used to test long time ago with TCNiSO / haxoware firmware.

Now, I have a paid 3Web service, and on the modem I have few pieces of information.

Customer S/N (12 CHARACTERS)
S/N: (24 DIGITS)
HFC MAC ID
USB CPE MAC ID

While ordering, 3Web asks you for Customer S/N and HFC Mac ID.

I completly flashed my modem with factory firmware, and made sure that the serial # matches with the one on the box as well as the HFC Mac ID.

All my lights turn on GREEN, but the modem doesn't give me any IP ADDRESS or any internet.

Do you think I need a new modem? I tried calling 3WEb support but they couldn't figure out why I am not getting internet even though all my lights are green. I double checked the serial # and information with them that it matches with the modem.

Anything else I need to do to make this modem LEGIT?

Or do I need a new modem now?

Thanks for your help!
there is no haxorware for 5100
anyways just because you made the serial and mac match does not make the modem legit your certs will be corrupt due to changing the serial and mac, best bet is get an untouched 2mb dump from a different country flash it then register that
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(24-09-2011, 01:08 AM)drewmerc Wrote: there is no haxorware for 5100
anyways just because you made the serial and mac match does not make the modem legit your certs will be corrupt due to changing the serial and mac, best bet is get an untouched 2mb dump from a different country flash it then register that

Thankyou!

Even if I flash the 2MB dump, in the BlackCAT flashing software, it only shows me the 24 Character Serial #.... but I need the 12 Character serial # to register with 3Web.

How do I find the 12 Character serial # after I flash my modem with a 2 Mb dump?

Thanks
is the serial not shown on the modems webpage? anyways you could ask who ever you get the dump from for the serial
or search the hex of a known dump and then search the same location in the new dump to get the serial number
(i really have no idea with 5100's)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(24-09-2011, 09:54 AM)drewmerc Wrote: is the serial not shown on the modems webpage? anyways you could ask who ever you get the dump from for the serial
or search the hex of a known dump and then search the same location in the new dump to get the serial number
(i really have no idea with 5100's)

The SB5100 Mod have any type of cert scrip enable Options ? Never used it.