Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
modem losing connection to computer?
i desperately need some help fixing my modem which i've had for 3 years with no problems until today.

it seems the modem can't keep the connection to my computer stable. when i look at the uptime it should be constantly moving up each second in my browser.

now when I look at the uptime it jumps 2 or more seconds [i.e from 34s to 37s] instead of being constant. and every time the seconds jump, i lose connection.

i currently have haxorware version 1.1 revision 32

I believe my modem is an Ambit Modem model U10C018

thanks in advance
Have you tried a different network card?
if the uptime is not reseting to zero it's not the modem wan connection, so i'd try a different ethernet cable then a different computer if it's still happening it'd be the ethernet port on the modem (but this is unlikely)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
That thing is pretty seasoned. I would suggest a 5101 or a 2100r2. I just replaced one of those ambits for a buddy with a netgear 814 ccr because the tuner on the Ambit was constantly losing signal lock. My 9 year old 5100 just bit the dust a few months ago...they eventually wear out you know.