Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question 
I have just signed up a new account on an ISP. They have sent me a "Hub", which is actually a combined modem & router in one, with no way to override the router portion. However, I want to use just a normal cable modem instead, and use my own router instead of being forced to use this stupid device.

I plan to buy an Ambit 256 from eBay with haxorware installed and use this instead of this stupid "Hub" they have sent me.

How do I proceed? Do I just change the MAC of the Ambit 256 to be the same as that of the "Hub", and then my ISP will not be able to tell the difference ?

I am not interested in stealing any one elses account or anything illegal. I just want to use a cable modem and my own router instead of this device they have sent me.
depend on what network your on if it'll be that easy
you may need to extract the certs from the hub to get online

plus i'd go for a webby then moto before going for an ambit
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(03-09-2010, 05:47 PM)drewmerc Wrote: depend on what network your on if it'll be that easy
you may need to extract the certs from the hub to get online
What exactly does that mean? I thought that all their network checked was the MAC of the modem ?

(03-09-2010, 05:47 PM)drewmerc Wrote: plus i'd go for a webby then moto before going for an ambit

Why do you suggest that?

(03-09-2010, 05:53 PM)kikuko Wrote: What exactly does that mean? I thought that all their network checked was the MAC of the modem ?
you never said what network your on, some like comcast it's just the mac(more or less) but others like cox your need certs (docsis security shit)

(03-09-2010, 05:53 PM)kikuko Wrote:
(03-09-2010, 05:47 PM)drewmerc Wrote: plus i'd go for a webby then moto before going for an ambit

Why do you suggest that?
personal choice to be honest i like webbys most as they have both max and jtag and they are boxy (being boxy makes it easy to break out both the max/jtag to the outside)
moto's have both max and jtag (but i dont like the shape much)
ambits are spi (ok if you like it i guess but i dont)

__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******