Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
SB5101 Certs on a SB6120
Hi! I have a SB6120 with forceware 1.4b1. I've been trying to get it to work for a few days with working certs from my sb5101 (faster speeds). I followed the tutorial on how to get the certs from the nonvol with cmnonexp.exe, rename them and then get them in the sb6120 via winscp.
Based on the tutorial rename them:
non01_public.key -> mfg_key_pub.bin
non01_private.key -> cm_key_prv.bin
non01_root.key -> root_pub_key.bin
non01_ca_cert.cer -> mfg_cert.cer
_cert.cer igual.

But my modem had:
fw_key_prv.bin <=
fw_cert.cer <=
root_pub_key.bin
mfg_cert.cer

Which is the right way to raname them? this is what Im getting in the log "Decrypt Auth Key: Couldn't format PKCS#8 private key into PKCS#1 format"
Thanks in advanced.
Do not use WinSCP use the GUI to add your certs, you only need these two and to choose the manufacturer of the cert you are importing (in this case its motorola so leave the default)

fw_key_prv.bin <=
fw_cert.cer <=

Dont forget to change your MAC and change your Serial too in the GUI
(08-12-2017, 08:47 PM)ricktendo Wrote: Do not use WinSCP use the GUI to add your certs, you only need these two and to choose the manufacturer of the cert you are importing (in this case its motorola so leave the default)

fw_key_prv.bin <=
fw_cert.cer <=

Hey Rick any idea how to get d3 certs onto a 5100 or 5101?
(08-12-2017, 08:47 PM)ricktendo Wrote: Do not use WinSCP use the GUI to add your certs, you only need these two and to choose the manufacturer of the cert you are importing (in this case its motorola so leave the default)

fw_key_prv.bin <=
fw_cert.cer <=

Thanks for your help Rickendo. I tried what you said but still getting errors. I just noticed in winhex that the cmnonexp111.exe extracts the certs from the nonvol but they have the same length as original. Based in the tutorial, cmnonexp is used to get the correct lenght. Is this part of my problem?
after using cmnonexp the legh is the same:

public.key 8B
private.key 289
root.key 10D
cm_cert.key 326
ca_cert.key 403
(09-12-2017, 05:33 PM)sexyladynyc Wrote:

fw_key_prv.bin <=
fw_cert.cer <=

Thanks for your help Rickendo. I tried what you said but still getting errors. I just noticed in winhex that the cmnonexp111.exe extracts the certs from the nonvol but they have the same length as original (after making them with buzzcert). based in the tutorial, cmnonexp is used to get the correct lenght. Is this part of my problem?

public.key 8B
private.key 289
root.key 10D
cm_cert.key 326
ca_cert.key 403

For some reason 5101 certs could never be loaded into a sb6120 weird idk why

Same thing happened to me but using certs from a sb6141 to a arris tm822

If you find a fix let me know
Here's the link where I posted something similar to your post

http://www.haxorware.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=5582
[/php]
(09-12-2017, 08:48 PM)legendofsounds Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 05:33 PM)sexyladynyc Wrote:

fw_key_prv.bin <=
fw_cert.cer <=

Thanks for your help Rickendo. I tried what you said but still getting errors. I just noticed in winhex that the cmnonexp111.exe extracts the certs from the nonvol but they have the same length as original (after making them with buzzcert). based in the tutorial, cmnonexp is used to get the correct lenght. Is this part of my problem?

public.key 8B
private.key 289
root.key 10D
cm_cert.key 326
ca_cert.key 403

For some reason 5101 certs could never be loaded into a sb6120 weird idk why

Same thing happened to me but using certs from a sb6141 to a arris tm822

If you find a fix let me know
Here's the link where I posted something similar to your post

http://www.haxorware.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=5582

I have done this a million times, all you need is a Hex Editor and some certificate cropping skills (is that even a word?).

Send me the certs and I will format them for forceware or whatever other docsis3 modem. I only need the private key and cm.cer from 5101, don't need the mac or anything else.
(10-12-2017, 10:36 AM)docsis_bozo Wrote: I have done this a million times, all you need is a Hex Editor and some certificate cropping skills (is that even a word?).

Send me the certs and I will format them for forceware or whatever other docsis3 modem. I only need the private key and cm.cer from 5101, don't need the mac or anything else.

I sent you a PM with the info. Thank you so much!
(10-12-2017, 10:36 AM)docsis_bozo Wrote: I have done this a million times, all you need is a Hex Editor and some certificate cropping skills (is that even a word?).

Can you maybe share what has to be done exactly?

I have come across many different format and I accidentally once converted/unencrypted a private cert but I cant remember what modem or how I added it to the modem (snmp or tftp) but somehow I ended up with a private cert that was much different from the original

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This topic has the potential to be a great DIY guide / thread for the community. I hope you guys share. Smile
(10-12-2017, 09:32 PM)occalifornia Wrote: This topic has the potential to be a great DIY guide / thread for the community. I hope you guys share. Smile

Is there something wrong that I need to edit in the private.key?
private.key in winex:

https://ibb.co/hrfk5G
first 4 digits: 0000
size: 650
offset / length: 289

https://ibb.co/fozdQG

CM.cer en winex:

first 4 digits: 3082
size: 807
offset / length: 326