Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SB6120 HELP
So i bought a sb6120 modem on ebay and it came preinstalled with forceware v1.4 , i accessed it and used my OLD sb6120 backup file with forceware v1.4 on it and all cert. that i need (UBF1 / UBF2/ AND NVRAM) to restore the new one AND now my new modem wont boot at all. Power goes on and link flashes purple for a second then just doesnt boot but power stays on. This keeps happening over and over. IDk what to do, please please help me if anyone can.
UBF1/UBF2 are only to upload firmware files like Forceware 1.1, 1,2 or 1,4 not to load certs, so if you load the certs in any UBF you fucked up your modem and will need to flash it again.
damn...so my new modem is useless/ bricked

anyway to boot the modem from a different UBF such as 2 instead of 1 - i only modded ubf 1 , ubf 2 is the original v1.4 forceware
(14-08-2017, 04:23 PM)Raronov100 Wrote: damn...so my new modem is useless/ bricked

anyway to boot the modem from a different UBF such as 2 instead of 1 - i only modded ubf 1 , ubf 2 is the original v1.4 forceware

Well you can try to access the modem thru SSH/Putty and change the setenv ACTIMAGE 2
cant connect via SSH using putty ... the ip isnt found, and i am typing the correct one 1000%
(14-08-2017, 04:13 PM)Wichin12 Wrote: UBF1/UBF2 are only to upload firmware files like Forceware 1.1, 1,2 or 1,4 not to load certs, so if you load the certs in any UBF you fucked up your modem and will need to flash it again.

Agreed. Buy a JTAG programmer and reflash it. Blush
thanks, anyone have the link to the forum that i can follow for reflashing and connecting jtag properly?
(14-08-2017, 09:05 PM)Raronov100 Wrote: thanks, anyone have the link to the forum that i can follow for reflashing and connecting jtag properly?

http://www.usbjtag.com/zenshop/

Heart