Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh why...Come back speeds!!
Hey guys Big Grin
I hope there are any other Canadians.

So recently there was construction going on in my basement, and one of the construction guys accidentally killed the modem and the router.

Before I was getting around 50 down/10 up, but after this I was able to get speeds upto 250 down and 20 up. It was really cool, and my 100 Mbps LAN cables were getting bottleneck.

However, 10 days later the basement and the whole house had to have the whole power cut off. The speeds are back to 50/10 down :*(

I looked online and want to be able to use TFTP or whatever methods there is so that I can get those speeds back. However, I couldn't follow the guides (snmpwalk not working, etc)

Can someone work me through this process of unlocking my modem? It's a DCM 475 modem.

I may be able help pay via Eth if you can help me get this going ^_^
First time posting here, please go easy on me >.<

Thank You!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The users on this forum are not going to like what you have typed. Get ready for it. Wink
The drums are drumming.......

(26-06-2017, 01:25 AM)home Wrote: Hey guys Big Grin
I hope there are any other Canadians.

So recently there was construction going on in my basement, and one of the construction guys accidentally killed the modem and the router.

Before I was getting around 50 down/10 up, but after this I was able to get speeds upto 250 down and 20 up. It was really cool, and my 100 Mbps LAN cables were getting bottleneck.

However, 10 days later the basement and the whole house had to have the whole power cut off. The speeds are back to 50/10 down :*(

I looked online and want to be able to use TFTP or whatever methods there is so that I can get those speeds back. However, I couldn't follow the guides (snmpwalk not working, etc)

Can someone work me through this process of unlocking my modem? It's a DCM 475 modem.

I may be able help pay via Eth if you can help me get this going ^_^
First time posting here, please go easy on me >.<

Thank You!
If your ISP was doing upgrades on the backend, perhaps you accidentally got an unlocked speed during that time, but after going offline/online again, you were set to the speed you pay for.

Try giving them a call to ask if you're getting the speed you pay for, 50/10 v 250/20.

Good luck!
(26-06-2017, 04:35 AM)occalifornia Wrote: If your ISP was doing upgrades on the backend, perhaps you accidentally got an unlocked speed during that time, but after going offline/online again, you were set to the speed you pay for.

Try giving them a call to ask if you're getting the speed you pay for, 50/10 v 250/20.

Good luck!

wow , you were easy on him, having a good day ?
(26-06-2017, 04:59 AM)doctor Wrote:
(26-06-2017, 04:35 AM)occalifornia Wrote: If your ISP was doing upgrades on the backend, perhaps you accidentally got an unlocked speed during that time, but after going offline/online again, you were set to the speed you pay for.

Good luck!

He's the "head of the fbi" must be nice with neighbors.
(27-06-2017, 06:37 PM)McAdams Wrote:
(26-06-2017, 04:59 AM)doctor Wrote:

Good luck!

He's the "head of the fbi" must be nice with neighbors.

Must be nice, I wonder if they're hiring