Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5101 with Ethernet problem after installing haxoware
Hello everyone, I will explain my weird problem with this cm:

I have a SB5101 that I have install Haxoware, using a Jtag (homemade) cable for parallel port and I used schwarzekatze build 128 with the plugin for sb5101, the haxoware version was Lite ver39 that I found on the web, and it did well, the modem worked and connected to the ISP and with my pc perfectly, after uploading the certificates from the NoVol backup.

After a couple of days, I noticed that there was no Ethernet connection to my pc, like if the cable was not connected, I thought it was the cable, and it was not, I thought that my network card had damaged and it wasn’t the case, I thought that maybe the problem was the modem, and I decided to connect it to one of my routers (I have 2 Tplink TL-WR841N with another ISP service) and to my surprise it went fine, both routers recognized the modem and the connection and I was able to access the config page of the modem and even use the internet.

I tried with different network cables alternating between 3 pc's and the modem, once again to check if was a bad cable, and no, it's always the same, if i connect the modem directly to any pc, it does not recognize the Ethernet connection, if i try to connect the modem to a router in the wan or lan ports, there is connection and the activity pc light works normal. I tried to use the usb connection but always gives me an error, when the pc is loading the driver, it recognizes the modem but it indicates that there is an error in a parameter and cannot continue, I do not know if it is my usb cable but using it in with an hp printer has not given me problems so far.

I want to clarify that all the pc's work perfectly, they have different OS each (Win 7, Win 8.1 and Lubuntu respectively) and can connect with Ethernet with other computers normally.

I have backup of everything, Flash, Ram, Novol, bootloader and firmware from the original soft, I have tried to load the original firmware from the backup, but the problem persist.

I do not know if I moved something that should not be or is a bug, the only thing I can think of, is that all pcs have Ethernet 1GB, and the routers have 100mb Ethernet, and I do not think it's because of this.

Any suggestions?, is there any commands or options that controls the modem's Ethernet port?, the backup ram can help in something?, since I have read that it is important but, what can I do with it ?.

Sorry for my English, and I really appreciate any help, thanks.
- The ethernet port could be bad
- The modem hardware could be failing
- You could have damaged the modem when opening and flashing it
- The flashed firmware could have been corrupted
Cloning one of your PC's mac to match your router's might be worth trying.
(27-05-2017, 07:44 PM)sforzando Wrote: Cloning one of your PC's mac to match your router's might be worth trying.

Actually i did that without results, BUT, it gave me an idea, i set up the ethernet card to 10baset half duplex instead of auto negotiation, and bum!, the link is ok, its weird but now i know for sure that is related to the ethernet port directly, now i need to find how to fix it.

(26-05-2017, 08:24 PM)occalifornia Wrote: - The ethernet port could be bad

after a sugestion made before from "sforzando", i found out that maybe is the port itself, it only works at 10baseT, is not even working with 100mb ethernet, so i was wondering if the firmware have control over the port, and how can i change it?, or in any case, if the hardware is the problem, what would you suggest that i should try?
(29-05-2017, 12:20 AM)adm2008 Wrote:
(27-05-2017, 07:44 PM)sforzando Wrote: Cloning one of your PC's mac to match your router's might be worth trying.

Actually i did that without results, BUT, it gave me an idea, i set up the ethernet card to 10baset half duplex instead of auto negotiation, and bum!, the link is ok, its weird but now i know for sure that is related to the ethernet port directly, now i need to find how to fix it.

(26-05-2017, 08:24 PM)occalifornia Wrote: - The ethernet port could be bad

after a sugestion made before from "sforzando", i found out that maybe is the port itself, it only works at 10baseT, is not even working with 100mb ethernet, so i was wondering if the firmware have control over the port, and how can i change it?, or in any case, if the hardware is the problem, what would you suggest that i should try?

Reflash Haxorware or a full virgin dump and see if the port operates normally.