Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
lost connection + telnet log
(25-05-2017, 11:37 PM)doctor Wrote: nothing was modified I just put valid cm cert and private cert in

That's the modification you made.

I'm guessing it's rejecting service because the credentials are already online on the node or it's not supposed to be online on that CMTS, or it's failing some other security check.
I see, what evidence would a log contain showing the isp is using some sort of clone detection?
(25-05-2017, 11:55 PM)doctor Wrote: I see, what evidence would a log contain showing the isp is using some sort of clone detection?

1) Have no devices plugged in.
2) Plug in the subbed modem. If it doesn't get kicked off, good to proceed.
3) Plug in the cloned modem for your testing. If it gets kick off, clone detection.
4) Try moving it further away geographically and see if it still gets knocked off. That will tell you more about how your CMTSs are configured.
when together 1 stays online only, when 1 is moved to another part of the city the clone connects for a short time only before getting disconnected. so clone detection is present. thanks
Different nodes sometimes have different security, even on the same ISP in the same city. All the matter of how they are split, which doesn't relate by zip code, city, or etc..
(28-05-2017, 12:39 AM)neo_ Wrote: Different nodes sometimes have different security, even on the same ISP in the same city. All the matter of how they are split, which doesn't relate by zip code, city, or etc..

This is true.

Knew a friend who lived just 2 miles away, but his dad was a VP of something or another.. someone cloned his modem and they got copyright violation notices. Upset VP dad calls cable company.. the next week their node had extremely tight security and new equipment.

It's all about cost benefit. Some areas are more secure than others.