Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about certs
can someone tell me if certs always remain the same ? I mean if i have a copy of certs before a modem is activated is it still going to be the same after the modem is been provisioned ?
its rare but they can change, reasons being certs have an expiry date so they need updating, other reason the root signing key leaks
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
YMMV as ISP set internal policies and OEM recommendation are referential.
(03-05-2017, 07:10 PM)doctor Wrote: can someone tell me if certs always remain the same ? I mean if i have a copy of certs before a modem is activated is it still going to be the same after the modem is been provisioned ?

If you want an exact clone of the modem post-provision, you should clone it after it's been provisioned. Certs and other data may change.
cm info changes whenever you bring it to a new node now, before it was never like that. If my friend brings a cm to my place and i dump it before i connect the coax i get a dump from his area once i connect the coax and then do a dump and do a compare theres all sorts of differences. Is this what you call Geo tagging?
(25-05-2017, 01:49 AM)doctor Wrote: cm info changes whenever you bring it to a new node now, before it was never like that. If my friend brings a cm to my place and i dump it before i connect the coax i get a dump from his area once i connect the coax and then do a dump and do a compare theres all sorts of differences. Is this what you call Geo tagging?

That's essentially what I just said.

Security has always varied by location, ISP, and the amount of Theft of Service in the region.

ISP's generally maintain location information on a modem (MAC/Serial) on the backend. It makes it easier to reference for other network functions.
I just finish reading some posts, damn your under fire. I had some arguments with you but this guy(s) just crossed the line. I guess a war has begun hopefully it doesnt spill into innocent threads.
(25-05-2017, 04:08 AM)doctor Wrote: I just finish reading some posts, damn your under fire. I had some arguments with you but this guy(s) just crossed the line. I guess a war has begun hopefully it doesnt spill into innocent threads.

lol it was pretty funny to be honest. i had fun. some people don't think rationally and have different morals. like i said there, i'm still gonna post ToS. Smile Angel