Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hitron cgn2 with forceware problem
(30-05-2017, 04:47 PM)thalungz Wrote: Correct, the cgn2 has fl128 dual spi chips. The chip you want is the top chip (on the top of the board and can wire it up just any other 16pin spi chip, use the 6120 diagram even). The cgn3 is a puma6/nand and as far as I know forceware was not compatible with it yet. But since you clearly stated cgn2, this is my advice;

The latest forceware works 100% on the cgn2. You can flash it via serial (glitch to unlock bootloader, not going to explain all these steps, its posted a lot of places) but use the actual forceware file and not the full (16mb) flash dump. Or wire up your NT to the top chip of the cgn2 and open the actual forceware image (use the cda xml if u have it) and flash over ubfi 1/2. Make backups of your entire flash a few times before flashing. Easiest way in my opinion is via serial w/ local tftp though. After you get it flashed and can access the f.w-gui, make sure to use the auto configure feature in f.w to set the firmware up as a cgn2. Good luck. I have done this many many times.

Thanks big time. Your instructions worked on the first try with no problems got it up in 15minutes. just a question how do i access the router part of the cm to enable wireless and set up ssid? 192.168.0.1 isn't working
Not a problem, happy to help. Unfortunately (last i tested was forceware 1.4, not sure if there is a new version yet or not) the wifi/router was no longer available after flashing forceware Sad You can however connect it to an external router more than likely. The cgn2s wifi is awful anyways.
It's been a fun 5 minutes. The scene sickens me.
ya the router is terrible . do you know how to make the CGN2 work with the existing certs on the modem? its a subbed modem so when foreware was installed it actually doesnt look at the bottom chip for any info it relies on the user to put info in .
(30-05-2017, 06:57 PM)thalungz Wrote: Not a problem, happy to help. Unfortunately (last i tested was forceware 1.4, not sure if there is a new version yet or not) the wifi/router was no longer available after flashing forceware Sad You can however connect it to an external router more than likely. The cgn2s wifi is awful anyways.

The latest version is 1.4b1-mod2. Heart
yes thats the version I installed, but its not looking at the second chip for any info at all which is strange. Almost feels like the cm can work with just the upper chip.
(30-05-2017, 09:09 PM)doctor Wrote: yes thats the version I installed, but its not looking at the second chip for any info at all which is strange. Almost feels like the cm can work with just the upper chip.

Ok, just wanted to be sure. Smile
Please do the flash backups correctly, for these purposes do the following:

1. Open USBJTAG NT.
2. Select Tools / Settings.
3. Select Develop / SPIFLASH / 25128.
4. Back up each flash using the same procedure.

If the backups are not done correctly it is difficult to perform an xml with precision, one way to detect the sectors and their corresponding sizes is through the Boot Log made by serial cable (console), an example of the information that has to appear:

Partitions [0] = {.name = U-Boot, .offset = 0x00000000, .size = 0x00020000 (128K)}

PD: It may not be possible for UBFI2 to find one part in Flash 1 and another part in Flash 2, the readings of both flashes are not done correctly, follow the steps outlined above.
Thumbs Up 
Smile
(31-05-2017, 01:45 AM)Dj_Zeta Wrote: Please do the flash backups correctly, for these purposes do the following:

1. Open USBJTAG NT.

If the backups are not done correctly it is difficult to perform an xml with precision, one way to detect the sectors and their corresponding sizes is through the Boot Log made by serial cable (console), an example of the information that has to appear:

Partitions [0] = {.name = U-Boot, .offset = 0x00000000, .size = 0x00020000 (128K)}

PD: It may not be possible for UBFI2 to find one part in Flash 1 and another part in Flash 2, the readings of both flashes are not done correctly, follow the steps outlined above.
thanks Dj Zeta
(31-05-2017, 03:32 AM)niños69 Wrote: Smile
(31-05-2017, 01:45 AM)Dj_Zeta Wrote: Please do the flash backups correctly, for these purposes do the following:

1. Open USBJTAG NT.

thanks Dj Zeta

In the previous post by thalungz he doesnt mention anything about flash 2. Do i install force on flash 2 as well? As you mentioned I found the spot in flash 1 for UBFI1 and UBFI2 is not there, but i wrote it where its suggested to put it.
(31-05-2017, 03:59 AM)doctor Wrote:
(31-05-2017, 03:32 AM)niños69 Wrote: Smile

1. Open USBJTAG NT.

thanks Dj Zeta

In the previous post by thalungz he doesnt mention anything about flash 2. Do i install force on flash 2 as well? As you mentioned I found the spot in flash 1 for UBFI1 and UBFI2 is not there, but i wrote it where its suggested to put it.

I reply in relation to the backups that you have published and not precisely to some xml determined, what could coincide "in part" with other xml is the UBFI1, the UBFI 2 has no relation with the sectors of the back up of the flash That you have published.

-> I suggest you do the flash backs, both above and below the pcb, with the instructions mentioned above. <-