Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hitron cgn2 with forceware problem
just installed forceware on a hitron cgn2 modem and when i goto login 192.168.100.1 it takes me to the router now . Anyone have any idea where i went wrong or what im doing wrong. its a 16meg file .fl128 spansion chip .
I believe this is not a puma chip .although it's in the list of approved modems

On the chip it's written DNCE2530gu
i remember rasjko said you can flash forceware on the cgn2
The DNCE2530gu processor is the same as the Puma5, the name difference lies in that Intel bought Texas Instruments and the trade name has changed, so they are perfectly compatible, I suggest uploading an original flash backup for Check the sectors to be programmed.
Ive tried to put forceware on it but unsure which lines to edit. Ive posted a dump feel free to browse thru it.
If you publish the download link or attach the backup as a file in the forum, I can visualize it, according to my records your computer has 2 spi of 16mb each, ideal if you can also upload pcb photos on both sides.
MAKE UP A BACKUP OF CGNv3 NOT OF CGNv2, I THINK CGNv3 IS PUMA 6. PLEASE SIGN THE MODELS CORRECTLY IN SAME WAY, IT COULD UP BOOT LOG OF THE SERIAL CABLE.
I found 2 dumps on file dropper what a coincidence. Bottom chip contains firmware and user wireless password and setup. Top chip contains bootloader. This is a CGN2 dump. I took a look at it in hexeditor but cant find any English in there. When i cloned my subbed CGN2 back in the day all i had to do was copy bottom chip, top chip was not needed it would remain the same. How to bootlog ? I dont know what port to go thru
Correct, the cgn2 has fl128 dual spi chips. The chip you want is the top chip (on the top of the board and can wire it up just any other 16pin spi chip, use the 6120 diagram even). The cgn3 is a puma6/nand and as far as I know forceware was not compatible with it yet. But since you clearly stated cgn2, this is my advice;

The latest forceware works 100% on the cgn2. You can flash it via serial (glitch to unlock bootloader, not going to explain all these steps, its posted a lot of places) but use the actual forceware file and not the full (16mb) flash dump. Or wire up your NT to the top chip of the cgn2 and open the actual forceware image (use the cda xml if u have it) and flash over ubfi 1/2. Make backups of your entire flash a few times before flashing. Easiest way in my opinion is via serial w/ local tftp though. After you get it flashed and can access the f.w-gui, make sure to use the auto configure feature in f.w to set the firmware up as a cgn2. Good luck. I have done this many many times.
It's been a fun 5 minutes. The scene sickens me.
Brilliant , going to try now. I will let you know how it goes. thanks