Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick noob modem question
Smile 
So i have a modded SB6120(that i bought on craigslist) running great at my house and recently got a apartment and moving out, I was wondering how I would possibly access Haxorware or Forceware so i can possibly copy the settings and put them on the new modem I've purchased on ebay, (I've tried 192.168.100.1 on my modded modem and it takes me to the regular surfboard IP)unless it doesnt have either??? I will be putting the new modem preloaded with Forceware at the apartment.I know I probably sound like a noob right now but anything helps at this point. I just want to access forceware/haxorware. It seems there is not to much updated info out there.
If you bought the 'modded' modem and it's providing Internet but the landing page is the stock firmware, you're likely running a cloned modem. This means the device is stock (Motorola FW) -- not forceWare. Also, Haxorware does not run on DOCSIS 3.0 devices such as the SB6120.

Somewhere out there on that ISP's network there is the original modem being using by a paying customer.

If you wanted to copy the device you'd need a USBJTAG programmer.