Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Charter Mac/Cert request...
Hello all!

You know it, new to the community but I get the general idea. Looking for a charter mac/certification donation. I can provide Mac's (but no certs) for my area via DHCP force(surprised it still works for charter?)... I've tried fastcert but no luck. I know security standards have been updated alot this last year. I'd really appreciate it.

Also, if I cannot get a cert from someone. I was thinking of registering my haxorware modem to my charter account, replacing the provided modem. Downloading config and modifying. How long do you think until I get a ban? Does charter even monitor registered modem's speeds? Another ISP is deploying fiber in my area, gigabit for 250 bucks, so if I get banned by charter I'm not sunk in the mud. Just dont want a legal trouble. Really just trying to do this for fun.

Anyway, thanks!
(30-01-2017, 01:57 AM)throwawayfastcert Wrote: Hello all!

You know it, new to the community but I get the general idea. Looking for a charter mac/certification donation. I can provide Mac's (but no certs) for my area via DHCP force(surprised it still works for charter?)... I've tried fastcert but no luck. I know security standards have been updated alot this last year. I'd really appreciate it.

Also, if I cannot get a cert from someone. I was thinking of registering my haxorware modem to my charter account, replacing the provided modem. Downloading config and modifying. How long do you think until I get a ban? Does charter even monitor registered modem's speeds? Another ISP is deploying fiber in my area, gigabit for 250 bucks, so if I get banned by charter I'm not sunk in the mud. Just dont want a legal trouble. Really just trying to do this for fun.

Anyway, thanks!
Code:
I've tried fastcert but no luck
1. did you study cable modems config ? what kind of snmp credentials it provide for you ?
2. move one level closer to the cmts with snmp

Anyway, thanks!

Once you modify the config file, it will fail a hashcheck from the ISP and it will be rejected.
How would you get around the hash check?
(31-01-2017, 05:14 PM)throwawayfastcert Wrote: How would you get around the hash check?

unless you have a few years to dedicate to that project, i suggest you try a different tactic.
Wink
[Image: bender_dance_animate.gif] buena suerte consiguiendo este un folladoras [Image: bender_dance_animate.gif]
(01-02-2017, 12:03 AM)madman12 Wrote:
(31-01-2017, 05:14 PM)throwawayfastcert Wrote: How would you get around the hash check?

unless you have a few years to dedicate to that project, i suggest you try a different tactic.
Wink

Haha! Feel free to lead me in an alternate direction then!
I suggest you move up to Forceware or Alpha... little birds told me Charter is complete moving away from D2 modems
(03-02-2017, 01:09 PM)thekoontz Wrote: I suggest you move up to Forceware or Alpha... little birds told me Charter is complete moving away from D2 modems

I am running forceware!
(05-02-2017, 08:25 AM)throwawayfastcert Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 01:09 PM)thekoontz Wrote: I suggest you move up to Forceware or Alpha... little birds told me Charter is complete moving away from D2 modems

I am running forceware!

I hate to be that guy, but in your original post you said..

Quote:I was thinking of registering my haxorware modem to my charter account..
(31-01-2017, 08:41 AM)occalifornia Wrote:

Anyway, thanks!

Once you modify the config file, it will fail a hashcheck from the ISP and it will be rejected.

If you were to go up to high tier with his own modem assuming its dynamic, could he just keep old dynamic if he droppedĀ back down?