Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Member need help with modem hacking
Hi guys, nice to meet you all. I just recently found out about this forum when I opened http://192.168.100.1/
Modem SB5101
Router: tm-ac1900

So I got my service (internet and cable tv) a few years ago. I paid the guy $250 to install everything. Everything has been running fine, except for the cable tv, it died last year. But the internet is still working great, it just that it kinda laggy, and I am suspecting the modem is acting up since I just replace the router.
Since I replace my router, my browser occasionally would ask me to activate through TWC, I would close Chrome the problem go away for the moment.

I would love to know more about how to change my modem. Would I be able to upgrade my modem to a DOCSIS 3.0 or I would need to buy the same model SB5101 and hack it so that I can use it without activating through my ISP? and is there a tutorial that shows how to do the hacking of the modem?
Please show me the way.
Thanks for your time.
I really appreciate all of your help.
Best.
If you get free internet, don't the rates start going up for paying customers?
(15-12-2016, 10:52 PM)newname Wrote: If you get free internet, don't the rates start going up for paying customers?

I believe regardless of what happens, the rate will always go up. Please help me with my problem.

Thanks
(15-12-2016, 07:29 AM)qpham26 Wrote: Hi guys, nice to meet you all. I just recently found out about this forum when I opened http://192.168.100.1/
Modem SB5101
Router: tm-ac1900

So I got my service (internet and cable tv) a few years ago. I paid the guy $250 to install everything. Everything has been running fine, except for the cable tv, it died last year. But the internet is still working great, it just that it kinda laggy, and I am suspecting the modem is acting up since I just replace the router.
Since I replace my router, my browser occasionally would ask me to activate through TWC, I would close Chrome the problem go away for the moment.

I would love to know more about how to change my modem. Would I be able to upgrade my modem to a DOCSIS 3.0 or I would need to buy the same model SB5101 and hack it so that I can use it without activating through my ISP? and is there a tutorial that shows how to do the hacking of the modem?
Please show me the way.
Thanks for your time.
I really appreciate all of your help.
Best.

change you DNS1 and DNS2 in you router to
DNS1: 8.8.8.8
DNS2: 8.8.4.4
reboot you mode and try it