Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Webstar EPC2100r2 HW_REV
Hi,

I want to do full backup on un-modded Webstar using serial RS232, because I don't have parallel JTAG cable, so I run Haxorware 1.0 RC6 from RAM (option G), then after that I do full backup (2M) from Haxorware web, then restart the unit. After that I go to 192.168.100.1 and it showed Scientific Atlanta web (original), but unfortunately the HW_REV shown as 2.0. Before that, the unit have HW_REV 2.1 (also written on the label of the unit).
Why the HW_REV changed ?
How to change it back to HW_REV 2.1 using shell command ?

Thanks a lot.
why use such an old version of haxor?
i'm guessing the hw_rev is stored in the non-vol and somehow it was modified
anyways it's possible to change the hw revision in later versions of haxor (maybe this is just for the spoof tho)
so what i'd try, run haxor from ram and see if the spoof can change it or extract the non-vol from you 2mb dump and flash that back to the modem and see if that changes it back and lastly flash the whole 2mb dump back to the modem
all can be done from haxor when its running from ram
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Hi,

I can't run haxor 1.1 rev 39 Lite from RAM as far I remembered, that's why I use old version.
I have restored whole 2MB dump (which the backup done using Haxorware, not JTAG) back to the modem, but still the HW_REV showed 2.0. I think now the full dump have been modified somehow by haxor. Is there anyway to change HW_REV back to 2.1 using shell command ?

Thanks.
well you could always use the lite version of haxor (which will still run in memory)

theres a full list of telnet commands around here somewhere, which i posted but i dont remember were

and no i dont know the command to change it from the shell as to be honest it's not important in anyway (not even to the isp)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(08-03-2010, 09:19 PM)drewmerc Wrote: well you could always use the lite version of haxor (which will still run in memory)

theres a full list of telnet commands around here somewhere, which i posted but i dont remember were

and no i dont know the command to change it from the shell as to be honest it's not important in anyway (not even to the isp)

Hi, Drewmerc

Thanks for the info, Just want to make sure everything shown in web configuration exactly same as before.

Thanks.