Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having a D3 Modem will on a D2 network, will it benefit me any way ?
I was just wondering that as my ISP is a Docsis 2 Network, if I use a docsis 3 Modem, will it benefit me in any least way ?

I have some doubt related to this matter, I searched around the net but most answers were pretty vague and not exactly what I wanted to know.

Mind answering me out ?

I have heard about D3 modems that they support bonded channels and many other features. Will running them on a D2 network can help us achieve more bandwidth if the plan(config) support it?

Also how secure is D3 network compared to D2 network relatively when comes to ISP colletion of Data.

Lately old Cable modem are prone to malware attacks as per news.
First, if your ISP is still in Docsis 2 then the maximun speed that they can offer is no more than 30MB, you can use a D3 modem but it will not bond channels, D2 only handles 1DS and 1UP channel, so you wont get more speed.
(15-11-2016, 11:57 PM)ashishpeter Wrote: I was just wondering that as my ISP is a Docsis 2 Network, if I use a docsis 3 Modem, will it benefit me in any least way ?

I have some doubt related to this matter, I searched around the net but most answers were pretty vague and not exactly what I wanted to know.

Mind answering me out ?

I have heard about D3 modems that they support bonded channels and many other features. Will running them on a D2 network can help us achieve more bandwidth if the plan(config) support it?

Also how secure is D3 network compared to D2 network relatively when comes to ISP colletion of Data.

Lately old Cable modem are prone to malware attacks as per news.

No.