Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Config File Problem
Hi guys, where im from my ISP has 0 security at their end, im able to chg my mac without having to chg cert or even the S/N, just pick a mac with the better speed from any node i choose and it works, simple as that, but ive been playin around with config file now, and ive noticed i can use any config file i download from any other mac, lets say i put a 20 mbs mac, but i upload to the modem a 5 mbs conf file and my internet speed is the same as the config file, not as the same as the macs, but when i tweak the config file with vultureware or any other config file editor, it doesnt work at all, the wierd part is the config file ends in .BIN not in cfg, when i open it with a config file edit modify the speed and save it theres a slight different in KB, original file have 2032 bytes and once i modify and save it it changes to 2031 bytes, since my ISP seems to have no security at all, i might be a problem of the cong file being .bin and i have to decompile before i open it with the config file editor, or do i have to use some other tool to edit it? anyone have a clue about this issuie? thanks in advance
(11-11-2016, 05:40 AM)alexlujan Wrote: Hi guys, where im from my ISP has 0 security at their end, im able to chg my mac without having to chg cert or even the S/N, just pick a mac with the better speed from any node i choose and it works, simple as that, but ive been playin around with config file now, and ive noticed i can use any config file i download from any other mac, lets say i put a 20 mbs mac, but i upload to the modem a 5 mbs conf file and my internet speed is the same as the config file, not as the same as the macs, but when i tweak the config file with vultureware or any other config file editor, it doesnt work at all, the wierd part is the config file ends in .BIN not in cfg, when i open it with a config file edit modify the speed and save it theres a slight different in KB, original file have 2032 bytes and once i modify and save it it changes to 2031 bytes, since my ISP seems to have no security at all, i might be a problem of the cong file being .bin and i have to decompile before i open it with the config file editor, or do i have to use some other tool to edit it? anyone have a clue about this issuie? thanks in advance

Once you edit a config file, it won't match a hash check on the ISP end.