Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB6190 Uncapping in process. Suggestions?
(25-03-2017, 06:19 AM)demonspride Wrote: So just an update, idk where OP went but most likely he downloaded that source code, and thought he was gonna magically compile a firmware from it, well come on, they wouldnt make it that easy, that source, was a broken toolchain, with broken compilers in it, I spent a good 3 weeks just to get it working correctly, now, as for compiling a firmware, all this really does is give you a starting point, and thats after hours of editing .conf and makefiles along with other goodies, i have about 5 of these modems for testing, unfortunately OP is prolly not coming back for he had no idea what he was doing, these modems are a bit of a pain in the A** as they use an ATOM core stacked with an ARM processor, which the ATOM locks the ARM processor if something stops working, so memory glitching so far is a no go, bios exploit doesnt seem to gain anything as well, and trying to compile a firmware with found source only works for one side of the firmware, these modems use dual images, one part loads before the other, so i doubt ALpha would work, as it does not contain code for Puma6 and ATOM, if anyone has any other ideas let me know, as for the nand having bad blocks, I cannot verify this, I've made a few dumps, that have correct headers, and then removed EmmC and reflashed to make sure it was correct and it verified fine, and booted as normally.

He disappeared the moment I shipped him a modem. Seems like he just wanted a SB6190 lol.

Can you provide a firmware dump?

Messages In This Thread
RE: SB6190 Uncapping in process. Suggestions? - by occalifornia - 26-03-2017, 06:44 AM