Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CG814WG v2
Hello guys,

I could really use a hand here. I have a Prolific 2303HX USB to TTL converter and I'm trying to follow Invictus tutorial from SBH to flash CG814WG v2. I don't see any pictures that he is referring to. "now you are going to connect the 4 wires from your x-ttl converter to the 4 pin header in the order shown in the picture below." so I had some trouble wiring it up to read and write via putty.
Finally, I was able to see the characters correctly after finding the correct ground pin. Right now I'm stuck that it's not responding to my keystrokes. I'm hitting P like crazy and it doesn't work. Not sure if it's the timing issue he speaks of. I also tried to type in anything while it's scanning just to see if it accepts my keystrokes but nothing shows up.
Again, SBH doesn't show the pictures to tell me how to configure putty. "once you have have everything connected, fire up putty select "serial" from the lower left hand side and make sure your settings match the ones pictured below,"
This is how i'm configured:
Baud rate 115200
8 none 1
Flow control set to NONE
Wiring wise:
GND to GND
Rxd to Txd
Txd to Rxd

I don't know if I messed the Txd on the adapter or the Rxd on the router from plugging in the wrong connections trying to figure the correct way to wire it.
If someone can help I would appreciate it.
(14-06-2016, 02:20 PM)geoneo111 Wrote: Hello guys,

I could really use a hand here. I have a Prolific 2303HX USB to TTL converter and I'm trying to follow Invictus tutorial from SBH to flash CG814WG v2. I don't see any pictures that he is referring to. "now you are going to connect the 4 wires from your x-ttl converter to the 4 pin header in the order shown in the picture below." so I had some trouble wiring it up to read and write via putty.
Finally, I was able to see the characters correctly after finding the correct ground pin. Right now I'm stuck that it's not responding to my keystrokes. I'm hitting P like crazy and it doesn't work. Not sure if it's the timing issue he speaks of. I also tried to type in anything while it's scanning just to see if it accepts my keystrokes but nothing shows up.
Again, SBH doesn't show the pictures to tell me how to configure putty. "once you have have everything connected, fire up putty select "serial" from the lower left hand side and make sure your settings match the ones pictured below,"
This is how i'm configured:
Baud rate 115200
8 none 1
Flow control set to NONE
Wiring wise:
GND to GND
Rxd to Txd
Txd to Rxd

I don't know if I messed the Txd on the adapter or the Rxd on the router from plugging in the wrong connections trying to figure the correct way to wire it.
If someone can help I would appreciate it.

check this topic but i think u need jtag
http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=4576
[Image: 3811042289.png]
I saw this already, thank you. Looks like I got a good back up using the adapter I made for the JTAG. So, I'm passed that and I'm now looking to flash via serial. So, anyone else can help?
Just a follow up to this. The problem was the USB to TTL converter adapter. I did a loop back test and it failed. I ordered another one.
While testing the new one, I noticed that I was using the wrong pin for the ground on the board to begin with (I was on VCC).
So, now I see the characters correctly and I see I'm inputting as well. The problem now is I'm hitting P but I'm not getting the menu. I hear it was a pain to time this right. Any advice on this?
(22-06-2016, 01:26 PM)geoneo111 Wrote: Just a follow up to this. The problem was the USB to TTL converter adapter. I did a loop back test and it failed. I ordered another one.
While testing the new one, I noticed that I was using the wrong pin for the ground on the board to begin with (I was on VCC).
So, now I see the characters correctly and I see I'm inputting as well. The problem now is I'm hitting P but I'm not getting the menu. I hear it was a pain to time this right. Any advice on this?

Ok, I figured this out. It doesn't help when you don't know the correct pinout. I was on the wrong pins on the board.
Photo 
I'm posting this to help others.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)