Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Motorola SB6121 premod settings
Does anyone know how to modify a Motorola sb6121..i bought it online and it said it's a premod modem with ForceWare FW v1.4b1-mod2 ..I can get into the modem settings but idk what to change to get it to work..I have a active Cable line with Time Warner Cable
u need mac addres use DHCP force or sniffer and set it parameters frequency and other settings
[Image: 3811042289.png]
(13-06-2016, 10:57 PM)Maximo2016 Wrote: Does anyone know how to modify a Motorola sb6121..i bought it online and it said it's a premod modem with ForceWare FW v1.4b1-mod2 ..I can get into the modem settings but idk what to change to get it to work..I have a active Cable line with Time Warner Cable
Same boat with Maximo, any helps would be appreciated!
(14-06-2016, 01:40 AM)bleros Wrote: u need mac addres use DHCP force or sniffer and set it parameters frequency and other settings
I'm new to this, still don't get it, need more detail instructions, please!
My SB6141 online but No SEND Signal, please help, thanks a lot!
(18-06-2016, 06:28 PM)mistakes Wrote:
(13-06-2016, 10:57 PM)Maximo2016 Wrote: Does anyone know how to modify a Motorola sb6121..i bought it online and it said it's a premod modem with ForceWare FW v1.4b1-mod2 ..I can get into the modem settings but idk what to change to get it to work..I have a active Cable line with Time Warner Cable
(14-06-2016, 01:40 AM)bleros Wrote: u need mac addres use DHCP force or sniffer and set it parameters frequency and other settings
Any help with default settings to get this modem connected to Time Warner would be great. I have the MAC address and I just don't know what default settings to choose to make it connect when I call tech support to add my Cable MAC to my account.
(23-03-2017, 06:25 PM)mdntblu Wrote:
(18-06-2016, 06:28 PM)mistakes Wrote:
Any help with default settings to get this modem connected to Time Warner would be great. I have the MAC address and I just don't know what default settings to choose to make it connect when I call tech support to add my Cable MAC to my account.

If you're trying to use it as a Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) to subscribe to cable Internet, then all you need to do is:

- Set Config Type to SB6141, apply.
- Set Mode to Online, apply.
- Reboot.
- Grab the HFC MAC Address / Serial and call your ISP and register it to your account.

If you're trying to commit Theft of Service, you're on your own.
Thought CPE is customer premises equipment which btw should be the only way to have an equipment it's in my house and as such should be mine

(23-03-2017, 09:13 PM)occalifornia Wrote: If you're trying to use it as a Customer Provisioned Device (CPE) to subscribed to cable Internet, then all you need to do is:
(03-04-2017, 07:56 PM)Winston Wrote: Thought CPE is customer premises equipment which btw should be the only way to have an equipment it's in my house and as such should be mine

(23-03-2017, 09:13 PM)occalifornia Wrote: If you're trying to use it as a Customer Provisioned Device (CPE) to subscribed to cable Internet, then all you need to do is:

sure, you can own a SB6121 with forceWare as a CPE in your house, but if it violates your ISP's TOU/TOS then you're still breaking a contract. That's equivalent to owning a gun because you have the right to bear arms in the US, but then firing it into the street (assuming most cities have regulations about firing into pubic areas).