Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motrolla Sb5101 Comcast won't stay connected!!
Hello guys, I have a modded Sb5101 Motrolla modem yes it has haxorware, however the modem isn't working anymore, its not my area or my house I tried another modem and it worked flawlessly, however this modem is not working it never wants to connect its always limited and when it does connect sucessfully it only stays on for about 2 mins then it goes to limited. My logs in haxorware are pretty repetitive with critical errors.
Critical D003.0 DHCP WARNING - Non - Critical field invalid in response
Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 Time Out (US 19)
Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 Time Out (US 20)
Notice M572.0 Dchp Renew Failed - Reinitalize Mac...
Critical T002.0 SYNC Timing Synchronization Failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing
Critical R004.0 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance o
After these errors the rest are pretty much repeated Mainly T3 time outs.
How can I fix this? Please I just got this box, please be clear on what I have to do as I am not familar with this. Thank you all!!
(22-11-2015, 09:01 PM)AthenasDesire Wrote: Hello guys, I have a modded Sb5101 Motrolla modem yes it has haxorware, however the modem isn't working anymore, its not my area or my house I tried another modem and it worked flawlessly, however this modem is not working it never wants to connect its always limited and when it does connect sucessfully it only stays on for about 2 mins then it goes to limited. My logs in haxorware are pretty repetitive with critical errors.
Critical T002.0 SYNC Timing Synchronization Failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing
Critical R004.0 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance o
How can I fix this? Please I just got this box, please be clear on what I have to do as I am not familar with this. Thank you all!!
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat link https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(22-11-2015, 09:55 PM)drewmerc Wrote:
(22-11-2015, 09:01 PM)AthenasDesire Wrote: Hello guys, I have a modded Sb5101 Motrolla modem yes it has haxorware, however the modem isn't working anymore, its not my area or my house I tried another modem and it worked flawlessly, however this modem is not working it never wants to connect its always limited and when it does connect sucessfully it only stays on for about 2 mins then it goes to limited. My logs in haxorware are pretty repetitive with critical errors.

Did you write something?
oops i was meaning to edit your post to compile with the rules and not blank post
anyways post a telnet log
__________________________________________________________________________________
(23-11-2015, 03:28 AM)docsis_killer Wrote:
How can I fix this? Please I just got this box, I will donate some money to whoever can help me fix it, please be clear on what I have to do as I am not familar with this. Thank you all!!

Can you navigate to the Haxorware GUI or SSH/TElnet it after the connection goes to limited

Yes I can access the haxorware gui (192.168.100.1) after my connection is limited. What can I do to fix my modem I need my internet as I am a college student.

(23-11-2015, 07:06 AM)drewmerc Wrote: oops i was meaning to edit your post to compile with the rules and not blank post
anyways post a telnet log

What is telnet? And I have a picture of my logs in Haxorware.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Before you start, download and install putty:
http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/late.../putty.exe

Method 1 is preferred in all cases, method 2 looks worse than it is lol.

Method 1) Using MAX232

Remove power from the modemConnect your MAX232 adapter to the modem header and the PC. This guide assumes you're using COM1.

Open Putty. Click the logging section of the settings panel. Select the following options:

Session logging: All session output
Click 'browse' and browse to your desktop folder.
Filename: putty.txt
'Always overwrite it'
Untick 'flush log file frequently'

Click back onto the 'session' section of the settings panel:

Connection type: Serial
Serial line: COM1
Speed: 115200
Close window on exit: Never

Click 'open', then plug the power into the modem.
You should see the boot process and connection attempt appear.

Wait for about 20s after the connection has reached the failure point, then close putty and it'll save the txt log as putty.txt on your desktop.

Method 2) Using ethernet or USB (USB requires that USB drivers are correctly installed)

Remove power from the modem.

Set manual NIC IP 192.168.100.10 (XX).

Open Putty. Click the 'session' section of the settings panel:

Connection type: Telnet
Host Name: 192.168.100.1
Port: 23

Power up the modem. Wait 15 seconds, then click 'open' in putty.
Enter username and password, press enter.

Ignore any crap coming up in the window, it may look like you can't type but you can. May help if you just don't look at the screen

Type this, pressing enter at the end of each line:

cd doc
up_dis

cd /
cd n/b
auto_console 1
write

Note: The lines above are correct for modems based on the BCM3349 (A250/A255/A256/SB5101/Webstar 2100). If you're using a BCM3348 modem (A200/SB5100) the line 'cd n/b' changes to 'cd n/c'.

This tells the modem to halt at the console. Close putty and reboot modem using power cable.

When you reboot it, it won't try to connect at first, so you have time to set putty to log all console output to txt before connecting.

Open Putty. Click the logging section of the settings panel. Select the following options:

Session logging: All session output
Click 'browse' and browse to your desktop folder.
Filename: putty.txt
'Always overwrite it'
Untick 'flush log file frequently'

Click back onto the 'session' section of the settings panel:

Connection type: Telnet
Host Name: 192.168.100.1
Port: 23

Click 'open', enter username and password and press enter. Type 'run' and press enter. The modem will try to connect.

Wait for about 20s after the connection has reached the failure point, then close putty and it'll save the txt log as putty.txt on your desktop.

Once you've finished you'll need to set auto_console back to 0 in telnet, or you'll have to type 'run' every time you reboot modem.
Hi.

I think you are trying to force a edited or invalid config.

You need to stop doing that as you are getting: Neg or Bad Reg Response - Reinitialize MAC...