Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB 6141, SB 6183 or other?
Hi folks,

A need to buy a normal modem, I though in a Motorola as I've always used them maybe SB6141 or SB 6183 (@m@z*n bestsellers) but prices are decreasing and wondered if something new is coming? It's for a familiar standard use with f** Comcrasp Angry.

Any good suggestion please? ThnkU
I'd probably give the Arris TM822A a shot, it's an 8/4 modem using the same tuners as the 6141, with twice the ram. State street deals has them for around $17, an incredibly cheap price to see how it does for you. The TM822A is the same exact modem as the TM822G only it doesn't have a battery backup for the phone connections. If you decide to flash it, the latest forceware loads just fine (though the LEDs are off, I need to document exactly what their issue is), and a usbjtagnt with a 3.3v power works great, no hunting around for an ISP point, or needing to power the modem.
The SB 6183 is newer but 6141 has been ruling for a while. I don't know why prices are changing, normally is becuz something new is coming but out of IPv6 Modems and 5Mhz routers ain't idea.

When you said normal modem, do you mean standard for cable paid hooking or an old one for testing?
is there other websites that sell modems or router. this site is awesome. state street deals
Smile 
i was talking about a normal modem, I'm a rookie in modifying them. anyways thank you for your comments guys!
This link would help you:

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-cable-modem/
Hey I forgot to say thank you, I ended up buying a SB6141 which is enough for a while.

Cheers!
You're welcome, remember when buying a modem try to stay with a SB until Arris let us to do so.

(01-12-2015, 06:38 PM)Texmex Wrote: Hey I forgot to say thank you, I ended up buying a SB6141 which is enough for a while.

Cheers!
That was a pretty decent option.

(01-12-2015, 06:38 PM)Texmex Wrote: Hey I forgot to say thank you, I ended up buying a SB6141 which is enough for a while.

Cheers!