Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I broke my surfboard
First, TWC did something to my cable (I think) and I wasn't aloud to surf using chrome or connect to xbox live. Curious enough I opened tor and browsing worked. Trying to find a solution I stumbled upon this site and read a users comment saying to change to hfg MAC address. Doing this did not work and also did not let me change back to my previous address. Now I can't use my sb and am typing on my phone. If anybody can give me a solution that would be greatly appreciated.

"Previous certificate was self signed, backup not performed"
Sb5101 /version 1.1 rev 39
In haxorware if you changed your HFC mac you overwrote the original certificate, and you are screwed. Have a nice day.
Even if I downloaded all the configuration files beforehand?
in hax remove certs change mac .. re enter certs .. - EAT SLEEP RAVE ----REPEAT
When someone first changed the MAC from the original, it should've made a backup. I've never had it restore those certs automatically, but you can go and restore them manually from one of the other tabs. You're looking for a file called CM00xxxxxxxxxx.tar, you should be able to manually restore certs from that, and the xx's should be the matching MAC. Obviously, change your MAC to match it.

Having matching certs and MAC, you should sync again, and be in TWC's registration mode, where all traffic is redirected to a signup page. The obvious work-around for this still works, and since you can force configs still in some TWC areas, you may not even be stuck at the sub-1mbit speed.

And that is probably far more help than I should give to someone who registered this month, but hey, trying to stop lurking so much... Tongue
How do I bypass the twc registration screen?
(23-07-2015, 09:42 PM)Sinlife Wrote: How do I bypass the twc registration screen?
Wow, what a question am no where in the state but i would know what to do if i see that.
(23-07-2015, 09:42 PM)Sinlife Wrote: How do I bypass the twc registration screen?

Enter in your customer details.
Anybody got a solution so I'm not stuck on -1 down?
Dude, dont listen to certain folks here, they dont have a clue.. for instance, if you change your hfc mac, your cert's are most certainly NOT screwed, this only happens when cert's are overwritten, say by flashing hax, which changes cert's to self signed. You can change hfc mac a million times a day, your cert's will be retained, so you can revert to ORIGIONAL mac, and isp wont know the difference.

To stop the groupies from misleading the mass's, I'll ask:

A: Is your modem flashed with alternative firmware, ie hax?

B: How did you change mac address?

C: Keep in mind that the Docsis 3.0 has clone detection, NOT docsis 1, and since no-one here can actually prove that copying cert's actually works for them and they can get online on docsis 3 (they say they dont talk about it, truth is they dont fuckin know, and hence have nowt to talk about, so hassle anyone who know's the truth..), considering they implemented geo-tagging, ie, they know the front fuckin door of where the modem reside's, using post code's, if it come's online at another door, it is cut off along with the subscriber's, in less than 10 minute's.. clone detection is NOT in use.

D: Docsis 1 does NOT require cert's to match. Hence self signed. If it was'nt for self signed, or matching, you would'nt get on.