Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Virgin media mac sniff
Hi, I have been trying to 'sniff' for a mac for my modem I cannot find any atall just shows all blanks ? can anyone help
Kinda modem you using?
(03-07-2015, 07:11 PM)Canis-Major Wrote: Kinda modem you using?

CG814CCR v2

I'm new to this so not sure how I get the mac, a friend told me I needed to get the MAC with a bootfile but I cannot seem to get anything..

(03-07-2015, 07:14 PM)Ziricom Wrote:
(03-07-2015, 07:09 PM)jbyrne49573 Wrote: Hi, I have been trying to 'sniff' for a mac for my modem I cannot find any atall just shows all blanks ? can anyone help

Virgin Media has no open SNMP access anymore, it is only avalible from the head end. You could use DHCP Force but that wouldnt do you any good because they require certs......go look for a MAC Trade somewhere, that is your only hope i think for getting MACS/Certs

I've also been looking for people who sell I can't find any
(03-07-2015, 07:14 PM)Ziricom Wrote:
(03-07-2015, 07:09 PM)jbyrne49573 Wrote: Hi, I have been trying to 'sniff' for a mac for my modem I cannot find any atall just shows all blanks ? can anyone help

Virgin Media has no open SNMP access anymore, it is only avalible from the head end. You could use DHCP Force but that wouldnt do you any good because they require certs......go look for a MAC Trade somewhere, that is your only hope i think for getting MACS/Certs

snmp is still open, but not directly to cmts. I can snmp any ip outwith my cmts.
This would be why in earlier post's I say if I wanna snmp my cmts, I do so by using someone's bt/talktalk wifi and go from there Wink