Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking to clone SB5101U Subbed modem that has fried Ethernet
So we had a storm and the ethernet on my modem got fried. USB still works but Ive had no luck getting the drivers to install on my win 7 pc.

I just purchased a new modem (sb5101n that has no usb) and would like to clone my subbed, over to my new one.

Is there anyone here that can help?

Also, has anyone had success getting the drivers for the 5101U to install on the windows 7 platform?

Id like to use one modem to plug into my majicjack and another to plug into my pc directly, thanks

Id like to mention that Im new at this and wouldnt know where to start. Can all this be done with software or do i need hardware as well? Thanks
Thanks for the reply Z.

How were you able to get the 5101u to work on the windows 7 pc?

the 5101u is subbed, the replacement i bought is 5101n

both devices are owned by me though, not the isp

any tutorials, videos or such available as to how to do the flash?

I tried to get the isp to activate it but they say its not compatible and tried to sell me a modem for rental of $10. Not happening!

Thanks again Z!
5101u its 8pin spi flash
Uuuuh, soldering?

Im pretty sure that if I were to try that, Id end up having my finger stick to the board

In other words, Id suck at it

is there no other way? Software only?
If you can get both into factory mode, then yes. tftp.
Actually yes, it's so simple it's staring you in the face.. for instance, if i was to add the p7 header we remove from firmware, and add to config (assuming we actually need any shared secret lol) in order to complete transfer/loading.. oh, and you dont need to be in factory mode to do this, but obviously factory mode is a necessity in understanding how to GAIN access..
Okay, time for a quick tut..

1: take origional signed firmware, and remove p7 header..

2: add p7 header to config, there should be 4 lines, like you see in a config from a secure software download.

3: upload from modem one to modem 2 via tftp, ip obviously set to modem running the tftp.

(01-07-2015, 02:02 AM)Ziricom Wrote:
(01-07-2015, 01:58 AM)Canis-Major Wrote: Actually yes, it's so simple it's staring you in the face.. for instance, if i was to add the p7 header we remove from firmware, and add to config (assuming we actually need any shared secret lol) in order to complete transfer/loading.. oh, and you dont need to be in factory mode to do this, but obviously factory mode is a necessity in understanding how to GAIN access..

Ahhhhhhhh I get ya i think you're saying add the p7 Header to non legitimate firmware and then you can load it?

No, I'm assuming we're trying to add stock firmware, as in origional signed firmware.. I'll dig out some demo config's and post them in a moment Wink
Gona write a tut for it now, cant hijack the poor guys thread Wink
still confounded how to get this done without modding hardware. Something that allows me to do things software wise only.

I dont know how to get into factory mode

is there a software only tutorial?
(03-07-2015, 05:15 PM)Ziricom Wrote:
(03-07-2015, 05:12 PM)HomerRulez Wrote: still confounded how to get this done without modding hardware. Something that allows me to do things software wise only.

I dont know how to get into factory mode

is there a software only tutorial?

Mod the hardware......flash Hax

I wouldnt be able to do it myself. Ive never soldered anything. Id end up somehow soldering my penis on to the board. DOnt ask how, but it seems likely lol

It really sux that the damn storm fried the Ethernet port and that the damn USB drivers do not work on 64bit window 7 platform.