Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ambit vmng 300 + 300 v2
Been trying to flash these 2 flash chips for 24+ hrs, and no joy, despite following every tut claiming to be for these modems, only to find that they are for the 6120.. I know most will say they are identical, but they aint, and later posts state the fact.. I've applied 5v to pin 2, no joy, 3.3v to pin 2, no joy, 1 (apparently) has no isp pin, and the other has, yet no success in getting a flash to stick.

I'd like to say it's just a bad wiring job, but not after the amount of checking and re-checking I have done, not to mention the fact I can id both chip's, and read from them, it's quite simply like this, the flash wont stick..

Error number's etc, change like the weather, and the programmer is fine, as I just completed a test re-flash of a netgear 480, so the programmer is fine, anyone else have this kind of problem?

Any suggestions?
put both pic of the board on here CM
(23-06-2015, 09:07 PM)andy m Wrote: put both pic of the board on here CM

Sorry mate, that's too much hassle for me, what, using fone, then install whatever software to upload them to an image host I never joined.. haha, anyway, I think I just kinda figured it out, will get back in a bit, seem's there is indeed an isp pin in same place on v2 as v1, but most folks have simply powered the spi with 3.3 or 5v with power out, i left it in, but swithed off, and voila, one works.. shame the other has no power button, pmsl..
V2 is a diff board all together diff layout
Lol, well, c655 is still there, all that was changed is everything after this is cut out so to speak, probably to remove the after circuit containing the origionaly posted isp pin on the v1, but I have indeed solved the actual flashing problem on ubee's, and you heard it here first:

Connect external 5v power supply to pin two of spi chip, now here's the best bit, I used usb from pc, so only needed the + wire, ie red, due to usbjtag sharing same - as all other usb port's.

Connect usbjtagnt as per usual, forget isp pin, it is not needed as the programmer site says..

Last, but not least, is the fix:

Whilst usbjtag.com say do not plug in power when using 5v direct to pin 2 of spi, DO plug in power supply, but make sure the power SWITCH (of modem) is OFF!!!!!

Strange but true.

Another fix from the hardcore test zone Smile

For the v1 of this modem, grab a 12v power supply, split the two wires, take the positive, and cut it, insert switch to make up for the switch missing from v1 modem.

Please note this is for the ambit vmng, v1, and v2..

Have a nice day.. now to learn puma shit.. where the fuck is that script?

Ps, why would the eth port be inactive?
pmsl

v2 i have had no problem flashing it with pin2 to 3.3 or 5v
Just out of curiosity, where dya live (roughly)?

And allow me to explain.. got two ubee's in post, one was half bricked, the other untouched.. now got sbh 1.1 on the bricked one, and the simple 'just use external power' did NOT work for me so many times I lost count.. in the end, I made the switch.. if you read sbh, and look back to 2010.. you'll see I do things so different, people say it cant be done.. only it can.. by me Smile
northeast uk live

i have done v2 pin2 to 3.3 or 5v worked spot on for me
Yeah, I hear ya.. but after 24 hrs of doin what many other threads on 3 other site's could'nt actually answer.. I guess your not actually blowing many things up pmsl.. you'll need more than a bomb protection suit in this house..

No answer's on why eth is off, or do I need to enable it?
never blown modem up since had the NT done every thing perfectally took me time on thing gone over me work made sure it was correct

ur ethernet light will be on as it will not light up defo works as mine works ok