Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netgear test thread
Goin back to console version, but will copy nvram from micks as test, then try some backtrack tricks lol..

I think this: Error: Unable to create VPID -1 PID -1 Device lbr0

Is responsible for this:

info, udhcp server (v0.9.7) started
error, Unable to open /var/tmp/landhcps0.leases for reading
error, Unable to open /var/lib/misc/udhcpd01.leases for reading
error, Unable to open /var/lib/misc/udhcpd02.leases for reading
error, Unable to open /var/lib/misc/udhcpd03.leases for reading
info, interface: lan0, start : c0a8640a end : c0a864fe

# route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
192.168.100.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 lan0

How to fix anyone?
After further investigation, I find:

# route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
192.168.100.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 lan0
#

Rather odd.. if someone has shell access to one of these, can they do a route show, so I can see what should actually be here?
What no help, no one actually know's, or want to actually help?

No-one know's that the dhcp server is disabled, and that I need to somehow enable it?

No command's to do so?

Ah well, time to take a back seat until someone who wants to help, chooses to.. Tongue
shame i dont do d3 Smile
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Well, it aint so much as d3, as much as I reckon the dhcp server we would use for 192.168.100.1 is disabled, hence no eth.. it's the only thing I can come up with, since even google want's me to buy shit instead of help.. thank's for the reply though, remind's me the site is still alive lol..
a cant help ya on tht one stuck

was modem working before ya played bout with it
On origional firmware, yes.. I reckon the routing tables need re-written, cause 127.0.0.0 aint there etc.. I guess if someone had one running they could do a routeShow, and maybe post the route's, omitting their ip of course.. 6 n half a dozen to me, I know what to do, but dont know what to correct, until I see it..?

I just looked at a haxed modem, and gonna try adding these tables
I think this: Error: Unable to create VPID -1 PID -1 Device lbr0

is probably an error with the switch address (does this modem have router/switch built in?)

what that means is, it cannot create a VLAN ID for device lbr0...sounds like you need the original firmware back on it.

I've been looking at some of the virgin firmwares and they're interesting, a lot of the problems seem to stem from not security, but changed hardware/i2c/spi addresses.
Yeah, I know that error IS the problem.. I reckon I used an older 6120 tut, and xml, worked at the time, but by updating usbjtag software, it's loaded a different 6120 (before i foun the proper ubee xml) and upon flashing, screwed the flash part's differently.. dont read sbh unless they can corect their error's.. I like how they just leave it all for folks to mess up their box's, instead of updating THEIR mistakes, and leave it to paying customer's to realise.. vip is paying customers, right?

Ubee's have a catch, they reset spi after serial access and not saving upon reboot, (initial access will wipe chip) it's like, if you dont flash the new bootloader then, perm reset's, no matter what you load after, and I think this is what happened, and any other firmware load, but not retain certain needed settings.. even from any 8mb, stock or not.. expaining the eth0, in route it shows as up, when clearly it is not.. or it's hidden by isp setting's..
what variation of the ubee is this? got any board pics?