Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
KvnKain's version of hax r39 diag
Well done nice rant.
Hehehehe I don't want to offend anybody but this guy so-called big dog looks like an early trolling teenager with some knowledge but arrogant as himself, he should find a girl and enjoy peace or even better go to a war and see what's to be a man. Anyways i like his joke about the guy whose name is tricky.
You should mean to offend them, they are fucking retarded.

I call em double agents, don't know if they're male or female, so the only solution is warheads to the foreheads.

You can tell the only war they've fought is with their self.
(26-11-2015, 10:09 AM)daviddds Wrote: You should mean to offend them, they are fucking retarded.

I call em double agents, don't know if they're male or female, so the only solution is warheads to the foreheads.

Was reading that file with JtagNT.
Sizes of elements of that file do not match/compare to any file for that 6580 modem.

Before I screw any further, would like to ask one question:
How to load that file ???
Should first uncompress it first ????
Initially looking at it, do not see any clue, that it is compressed.
If you have serial access on your board, try loading it to RAM from tftp and then booting from that.

I don't have a jtagnt, i use other tools, however maybe i made a mistake dumping it, I'll try a full flash dump when i get a chance, in the mean time i'll grab another eng bin when I get a chance off of arris.
(29-11-2015, 01:52 AM)daviddds Wrote: If you have serial access on your board, try loading it to RAM from tftp and then booting from that.

I don't have a jtagnt, i use other tools, however maybe i made a mistake dumping it, I'll try a full flash dump when i get a chance, in the mean time i'll grab another eng bin when I get a chance off of arris.
yes, I do have a JtagNT.
I make it load to RAM, but RAM is size of 16 M, and this bin is slightly over 3 M.
Do not have slightest clue what this bin is all about or its elements.
And do not have any idea where to RAM to load it.
Boot doesn't look like a boot, cfg doesn't look like a cfg, image0 is different than image1, log file is total garbage.
do not think, that there is serial port, examined that board, there is some points looking like serial port, but it is connected to nowhere, lack of some resistors, caps, and maybee some chips, and have no idea, if there is any soft related to drive serial port.
Can you at least tell me, how you got this bin from your modem ????
flashrom, that is just the firmware image and not a full flash, so of course there is no cfg/image1/2, you would just want tftp load the first image.
(29-11-2015, 02:37 AM)daviddds Wrote: flashrom, that is just the firmware image and not a full flash, so of course there is no cfg/image1/2, you would just want tftp load the first image.

Do not have linuks installed on any of my comps.
Downloaded flash rom, but it require compiling and some reading and downloading other soft to make it operable on win. I am using only win xp.
Is it that I load this file or bin as first image ???
Is that what you mean ????
I can do it easily and fast with jtagNT.

Or I have to find useable comp, load linuks and start with that.
Oh, well, how many times I have to learn the linuks from begining.
Think, that it is unavoidable.
It is too big project now for me, build comp, find proper linuks distro, at least a few days of tries and learning how to operate properly.

Look, is it possible, that you find some time and get full dump of this modem ????

Sorry to bother you, but it will take quite a few days for me to switch to linuks.

Let see, what I can do it with this file.
1.I am gonna load it as a first image and see how it flies. Do I have to rebooted the modem just after loading that file ????
2. Load tftp, find psw of the day, and try to load using tftp.
Have no idea how it is gonna fly, never tried that before on any modem. Was alwayez using easy way, either BlackCat or JtagNT

Anyway, I am not gonna spent full life on modem testing, life is too short for such a projects. There is eazy way and hard way.

Probably fastest way would be using linuks, but at present, I am not yet ready for that. It was always somewhere on back burner in my head

Anyway, thanx for uploading and sharing that file
if you can not use linux already, then id say its not the fastest way, ill try to post a different image tonight.
hehehehe, ok I mean it!

(26-11-2015, 10:09 AM)daviddds Wrote: You should mean to offend them, they are fucking retarded.