Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with sb5101E upstream ranging
eth_reject_cam 0 stop's isp banning your ethernet mac, ie, lead going from pc to modem, if you set it to one, they can ban your pc, your decision.
(14-06-2015, 11:26 PM)Canis-Major Wrote: eth_reject_cam 0 stop's isp banning your ethernet mac, ie, lead going from pc to modem, if you set it to one, they can ban your pc, your decision.

Ok thnx , I noticed today that the two modems can not be online at the same time with same MAC.? Hmm any idea..
[Image: 3811042289.png]
Yeah, get a different one from the one you got, then test both
Thanks for the eth_reject command Canis. Applied it today. I also have been have trouble staying online. Weirdest thing..connection would stay up for 20 min. to sometimes hours and then reboot with upstream signal never going solid. Here is the weird part. Could never get it back online unless I reset factory defaults, which resets frequency settings and sometimes the upstream channel and then I could get back online until it did it again. Well, after trying everything (check signal strength, splitters, coax, mac, bpi settings, NIC mac etc.) I realized I never switched my haxorware version back to lite and said what the heck lets try that. I flashed back to lite version and I've been online all day today. Makes me think they were seeing my modem and booting me off the whole time now and somehow messing with upstream so I couldn't reconnect.
Well, I have noticed something new, dunno if it's my box, or the firmware in box, I've a 480 that when 'kicked' does what you do, cant get a frequency, but I use serial, and noticed that upon reboot, if it cannot get a lock, even though set, it say's frequency not from native pattern, suggesting that either set frequency is not origional as in set by isp, or is defaulted to modem 'manufactured' setting's.

My current fix for this problem is to have a gateway setting's ready to hand, and find that when the frequency goes, it cannot be rebooted in the hope of restoring, no, instead, I usually have to disconnect coax, then re-apply gateway setting's, then reboot whilst plugging in coax. I have what is called a golden mac, handy for testing beyond testing, for it always comes on regardless.. great to know it's not the mac Wink

So it's not hax diag/lite..
Well I'm going on 36 straight hours now and no boots/kicks for me since changing to lite. And like you with diag, if I even power cycled it while it was online it would never lock on upstream again unless I went back in and reset factory defaults and let it scan for frequencies. With lite, I can power cycle it over and over and comes right back online no prob. So, i'm not saying that is the particular problem (diag), but by gosh the lite fix is what is working for me and i'm not complaining lol.

So interesting definitely. I've been up and going for 8 years and this is the first time I've seen this problem.
It's not hax, because I'm using netgear firmware (origional) and getting the same problem's, which I believe are caused when the upstream channel is set to one by config, and if you have another channel set in non-vol, then this may explain not from native pattern Smile