Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Force firmware update
OK so I have a provisioned dump which had been online 24/7 for months, running fine, (im using an exploit to avoid being blacklisted but I wont get into that) then about two weeks ago cc tried to update my modems firmware but I had firmware updates disabled in hax lite. I shrugged it off for days because the modem was online and working fine. But then I rebooted it and now it wont get online, from a telnet dump I've come to the conclusion that its because the firmware co-cvc is outdated. The problem is cc wont offer me a firmware update anymore. No matter what I try. Does anyone know how to force a firmware update on a provisioned dump?

Also, whats the current state of this hobby? Is everyone still testing? Ive seen a lot of people retired/quit. Are you guys still online?
change your spoof for a very old version, this should force an update
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Thank you for your suggestion drewmerc.
I tried spoofing the original firm that came with my modem (SB5101-2.4.1.5-SCM01-NOSH)
I even tried older spoof strings I found on google. Nothing worked.

After reading this thread http://www.haxorware.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2965

I've come to the conclusion that the current outdated signature that I flashed hax over is being mistaken for one from another node. Anyways I tried removing hax and flashing the virgin dump. Still didn't work lol
Finally I loaded another virgin provisioned dump (which I dont use because it pulls a slower config) That one did update the firmware, then I flashed hax-lite over it and loaded the non-vol of the faster dump.
Miraculously IT worked!
At least in my node, using the signed firmware from one provisioned dump will work with another provisioned dump.

My advice to anyone online with hax-lite right now, allow firmware updates.
The worst that happens is you have to reflash hax, but you gain the valuable signed firm and avoid headaches lol