Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TWC SoCal IPs
Hey guys,

So I have the Arris SB6183 modem with the Netgear Nighhawk Router and subscribed to 320/20 service with TWC here in SoCal. They use BPI+ security. I love it because I get 300+Mbps even on wifi across a large house.

Anyways, I've used the SB5101 in the past to get multiple public IPs at the same time to host RDSL and made some good money on it but when TWC offered 320Mbps they said I needed Docsis 3.0 so I upgraded and lost my only desired feature of multiple public ips at the same time with the ability to rotate public IPs within 5 seconds without a modem reboot.

I tried the SB6121 with Forceware but was unable to get multiple public ips and was unable to rotate them without a complete modem reboot, so I went back to the SB5101 and am stuck at 20Mbps on a line I'm paying for 320Mbps speeds.

Are there any pre-modded modems out there on Doccis 3 where I can get 300+Mbps speeds AND run haxorware?
(25-04-2015, 05:23 AM)GreekDad Wrote: Hey guys,

So I have the Arris SB6183 modem with the Netgear Nighhawk Router and subscribed to 320/20 service with TWC here in SoCal. They use BPI+ security. I love it because I get 300+Mbps even on wifi across a large house.

Anyways, I've used the SB5101 in the past to get multiple public IPs at the same time to host RDSL and made some good money on it but when TWC offered 320Mbps they said I needed Docsis 3.0 so I upgraded and lost my only desired feature of multiple public ips at the same time with the ability to rotate public IPs within 5 seconds without a modem reboot.

I tried the SB6121 with Forceware but was unable to get multiple public ips and was unable to rotate them without a complete modem reboot, so I went back to the SB5101 and am stuck at 20Mbps on a line I'm paying for 320Mbps speeds.

Are there any pre-modded modems out there on Doccis 3 where I can get 300+Mbps speeds AND run haxorware?

No there is not, unfortunately.
(25-04-2015, 06:19 AM)docsis_bozo Wrote: No there is not, unfortunately.

Bummer, hopefully one comes out in the future.

Do you know what feature it is in Haxoware that allows multiple public IPs and allows you to rotate public ips without a modem restart?
(25-04-2015, 06:31 AM)GreekDad Wrote:
(25-04-2015, 06:19 AM)docsis_bozo Wrote: No there is not, unfortunately.

Bummer, hopefully one comes out in the future.

Do you know what feature it is in Haxoware that allows multiple public IPs and allows you to rotate public ips without a modem restart?

If understand correctly Haxorware sets a higher number of Max CPE devices by default, that number can be changed via a shell command, and about in the same location you will see there is a way to display the current max number it is set to.

Forceware has a similar option that can be set on the Web GUI.

I am not sure how one could easily swap from one IP to another on Forceware. How are you able to do this on Haxorware?

It's an interesting trick.
(25-04-2015, 07:08 AM)docsis_bozo Wrote: If understand correctly Haxorware sets a higher number of Max CPE devices by default, that number can be changed via a shell command, and about in the same location you will see there is a way to display the current max number it is set to.

I am not sure how one could easily swap from one IP to another on Forceware. How are you able to do this on Haxorware?

I install Technitium MAC Address Changer, then open notepad and insert...

Code:
@echo off
echo Your IP will be reset after 10 seconds
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Technitium\TMACv6.0\TMAC.exe" -n Ethernet -rl -r -re - -rn -s
timeout /t 10 /nobreak

Save as newip.bat and now I got an easy to use batch script. Takes about 5-7 seconds and I got a brand new public IP. I can do this on all 7 of my computers I have without affecting any of the other computers and without having to restart my modem. I am using Haxorware completely stock with no changed options, simply called in the Mac that came with it since it matched the certs obviously and works flawlessly.

You then take a $100 basic pc and rent it out for $300/month.

(25-04-2015, 07:08 AM)docsis_bozo Wrote: Forceware has a similar option that can be set on the Web GUI.

Interesting didn't know that multiple public IPs was due to MAX CPE setting. However with my forceware modem if I change the mac on a pc directly connected to the modem, you had to reboot the modem to get the new IP, this takes a good 1-2min. With Haxorware when you change the MAC, it virtually instantly issues you a brand new public IP without a reboot being required. Since Forceware supports Docsis 3 if I could get it to issue a new IP upon mac change without a restart, I'd be in heaven.
(25-04-2015, 07:19 AM)GreekDad Wrote:
(25-04-2015, 07:08 AM)docsis_bozo Wrote: If understand correctly Haxorware sets a higher number of Max CPE devices by default, that number can be changed via a shell command, and about in the same location you will see there is a way to display the current max number it is set to.

I install Technitium MAC Address Changer, then open notepad and insert...

Code:
@echo off
echo Your IP will be reset after 10 seconds
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Technitium\TMACv6.0\TMAC.exe" -n Ethernet -rl -r -re - -rn -s
timeout /t 10 /nobreak

Save as newip.bat and now I got an easy to use batch script. Takes about 5-7 seconds and I got a brand new public IP. I can do this on all 7 of my computers I have without affecting any of the other computers and without having to restart my modem. I am using Haxorware completely stock with no changed options, simply called in the Mac that came with it since it matched the certs obviously and works flawlessly.

You then take a $100 basic pc and rent it out for $300/month.

(25-04-2015, 07:08 AM)docsis_bozo Wrote: Forceware has a similar option that can be set on the Web GUI.

Interesting didn't know that multiple public IPs was due to MAX CPE setting. However with my forceware modem if I change the mac on a pc directly connected to the modem, you had to reboot the modem to get the new IP, this takes a good 1-2min. With Haxorware when you change the MAC, it virtually instantly issues you a brand new public IP without a reboot being required. Since Forceware supports Docsis 3 if I could get it to issue a new IP upon mac change without a restart, I'd be in heaven.

Thank you for giving me a detailed explanation.

I am almost positive if you change the MAC address on your Network Card and you have a MAX CPE set on Forceware it should then provide you a new public IP address. It may take longer than Haxorware but it will work without a reboot.

I will try to test it to confirm my theory.
how do I get setup?
ahhh thats, why am i answering here when its the other thread i should be answering
still being lazy
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******